WnSoft Forums

St Mark's Square at Night

Memories of another visit to Venice. For photo experts - sorry I could not pack my tripod, so hand held at 3200-6400 iso; 1/15 - 1/30 shutter speed and wide open at F4. For audio experts, sorry recorded on my iphone. For Photoshop experts - I did what I could but don't look too closely. Having said that i hope you enjoy. On Slideshowclub.

Really enjoyed the images but the soundtrack ruined the show for me. There is too much intrusive crowd noise which is really annoying in the parts where there are very few people in shot.

I think that you would have a much better sequence with a decent commercial recording and just a few crowd effects added in appropriate places.

Alternatively maybe you can find some appropriate music on the Rondo Veneziano discs

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your comments on St Mark’s. I did research some other versions of Music of the Night but they were all vocal, big band or solo violin/piano and I didn’t think they went well with the shots of the 6 piece bands that were playing in the square. Also, the tempo of music seemed to harmonise very well with the shots I had taken and the mood I wanted. The wet areas in the square were caused by some slight flooding and had I thought before I left that this might have happened, I would have found room for my tripod and my Zoom recorder.  As it is the show will give me very pleasant memories of magical evenings in the square. Thanks again.

Mick.