WnSoft Forums

Making music a specific length

EOSPete

One thing I need to be able to do is edit a wma or mp3 music file to fade out after a particular time rather than its full run time. I haven't found anything yet which can do this. Would it be possible to convert wma or mp3 to wav then back again to achieve this and what would you recommend

Thanks

Peter

Thanks for that.

I really do appreciate the help I am getting from the folks on this forum as a real newbie to PTE.

I can work with wav and MP3 as an alternative to wma. Are there advantages to the various formats for size or compatibility at all?

Cheers

P

Hi, Peter,

Another excellent program for converting music files is dbPowerAmp "Music Converter". It is a free download from HERE .

The best files to use with PTE are .mp3 and .ogg . .wav files are too large, and .wma files cause problems in playback sometimes due to copying restrictions.

For editing music files, Audacity is one of the best (if not the best), and most economical programs, as cc mentioned. Other excellent, but more expensive, editing programs are "Audition", from Adobe (formerly "Cool Edit"), and "Cubase", from Steinberg.

I think the best bit of software for editing Audio files is Goldwave.

It has been around since the early days of PC's and is packed with features. It is shareware but fully working which allows you to see if its the right kind of program for you before you buy it.

It copes with MP3 and WMA files and just about every other audio format you can think of.

Try Goldwave and see what you think.

The Goldwave website

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Andy