WnSoft Forums

Flicker during fade

wawatson

Hi,

I was very impressed when I saw how easy it was to create an AV display with PicturesToExe, I thought I'd try to create one of my own from bluebell pictures I took at Wakehurst Place last weekend.

The AV file is at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wawatson/Wake...kehurst0404.exe

The only problem (apart from lack of innate artistic ability) I had was that the fade from one picture to another could flicker quite noticeably (especially towards the start of the show). I can't work out why ... Has anyone else noticed this, or is there a standard remedy for this problem?

Cheers,

William

wawatson,

Your link brought me to your EXE file. This played fine on my computer. I think you're referring to the flicker on you SVCD or DVD version of the show (AVI to MPEG).

I noticed in my shows some of the same problems with SVCD and to lesser extent my DVD versions. I don't have a TV with an S Video connection. I wonder if the flicker disappears when played on a newer high quality DVD player using a better quality connection to the TV? Anyone know?

Bubba

William

Unlike the others there is a bad flicker on my equipment. What are your image sizes? I use 1024x768 with 8 compression *.jpg files, normally 150 to 300 Kb each. Are you using *.mp3 music?

Beautiful images. It was a lovely weather last weekend, unlike today wet & cold.

Ron [uK]

Hi,

I was very impressed when I saw how easy it was to create an AV display with PicturesToExe, I thought I'd try to create one of my own from bluebell pictures I took at Wakehurst Place last weekend.

The AV file is at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wawatson/Wake...kehurst0404.exe

The only problem (apart from lack of innate artistic ability) I had was that the fade from one picture to another could flicker quite noticeably (especially towards the start of the show). I can't work out why ... Has anyone else noticed this, or is there a standard remedy for this problem?

Cheers,

William

William,

I had the same problem myself a short while ago when I installed a new Graphics Card:-

(Amongst other things,its the gadget that makes your Monitor work)

All Monitors have a 'Picture Refresh Rate' usually about 70 Frames per/second. (Fps)

On larger Monitors set to 1024x768 display size you need to check the Refresh rate

and make sure its at least 80 Fps or higher- otherwise noticeable flikker will ensue.

Each Graphic Card is different in terms of set-up as are PC.Monitors, some Monitors

can be damaged with higher Fps.rates.

You need to check with your PC.Technician to assertain if the settings are correct for your Graphics Card and Monitor and more important can they support the high quality which is demanded by the PTE Program.

Hope this is of help,

Brian Kelly.Dublin.

conflow@iol.ie