WnSoft Forums

automatically stop a synchronized show

mediator

hello board members,

PTE is a wonderful software with a very nice discussion board ;)

my questions:

can I automatically stop a synchronized slideshow after first (or another) slide?

I would like to use the first slide as a kind navigation side with hyperlinks and buttons etc. ... (the features from object editor)

or... (perhaps another possibility)

how can I make a button action from an external pte exe (navigation) file on another pte exe (synchronized slideshow) file (in the same directory) so this button action refers to file show.exe and go to slide number xxx ?

please help me - its very importand for my presentation

... few tips or other solutions?

thanks in advance (and sorry for my bad english)

greatings

mediator

Hi, Mediator,

Welcome to the Forum!

With PTE one way to accomplish what you described is to create a one or two-slide "introduction" show programmed to stop at the end and wait for the viewer to click on a button or navigation bar for further instructions. Just click "When show ends keep last slide in show on screen" on the "Main" tab of Project Options, and add objects to the last slide which are programmed to start up other shows.

It is not possible to direct the viewer to a particular slide of one of these "other" shows, but you can readily add a navigation capability to these "other" shows which will enable the viewer to go to specific slides in these shows.

To "automatically stop" a synched show, you could design a long holding time for a particular slide so that it appears as if it is stopped.

Hope this helps. :)

Hello Mediator,

I think the easiest way around this is to make your first slide(s) as a separate, .exe file with the option selected from 'Main' to 'keep last slide on screen'. You can then use your buttons and links on this slide to select whatever you choose.

I hope this is of some help.

Limey.