WnSoft Forums

DVD MovieFactory 3

rob1737

After converting a Picture to Exe project to an AVI file I am using DVD MivieFactory 3 to burn file to disc so it can be played on t.v After placing in the dvd player I get message Do not recognize disc. Please can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. They do seem simple instructions both in Picture to Exe and Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3

Rob

Guest Techman1

Rob,

Not all DVD players are created equal and as a result some will not play every type of VCD, SVCD and/or DVD+/-. When you created yours using MovieFactory3 which type did you create?

Here is a compatibility chart on various DVD players. Try to locate yours and see if it is compatible with the type of CD/DVD that you created. If it shows that it is, you might want to test your new creation on another player to see if it works there.

"http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php" - remove quotes

Please provide some additional information on what you are creating, what burner you have and what player you have. Maybe someone else has that setup and can offer some additional assistance.

Good luck!

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Would appreciate your help. Using pic2exe 4.2 and Movie Factory 3. I want to produce dvd slide shows. (Don't we all . . . )

Attempting to convert p2exe AVI file via ULead Moviefactory 3 into a dvd and no matter what I do (lost count of attempts ) I get 'failed to re-use cache file' and then 'unspecified error:- Report id 0x800411 da (4570)

I've been on the pictures to exe forum and followed directions - right up to the point where you ask ulead to 'output'.

The machine then spends about an hour preparing the files for burning but at the crucial 100% moment I get the error mentioned above. I've tried with all anti-virus off and not connected - obviously - no go.

Time is running out before I throw the machine out of the office window. Any ideas?"

Kenn Elliott Northeast England

Hello Kenn,

I am experiencing the exact same situation with my attempts to burn to DVD-video format. The same error messages appear after repeated tries . . . I too am very frustrated. Especially after buying both software programs, a new Plextor DVD burner, and spending countless hours through the learning curve and creation of my first slideshow.

A very anti-climatic experience. It seems however, that no one is replying to your post. Perhaps this will send it to the top again and someone will offer a helpful suggestion.

Steve

Hey guys, I received the same error at the 100% mark. something about the cache.....using the latest pte and just downloaded uleads moviemaker3.

:huh: Bill

Guest Techman1

Ken/Steve/Bill,

Have you verified on the Ulead site that your burner is one that they support? I was having a similar problem originally (only using their MovieFactory 2) and it turned out that my burner wasn't on their supported list. When I switched over to another one of my PC's with a supported burner, it worked as it should. At the 100% mark, it sits there for a few minutes and doesn't seem like anything is happening and finally it completes the process.

One way that I eliminated some frustation was to purchase DVD+RW's. That way, if it didn't work for some reason I could simply erase the DVD+RW and start again without having burned and wasted a good DVD.

I hope this helps a little. I know the Ulead site doesn't offer a lot of information regarding these types of problems.

Let us know what you find out.

Regards,

Fred

Guest Techman1

Hello All,

Sorry to hear that it's not working on MovieFactory3. Maybe someone that is running that version can chime in and clarify if there are any special settings and/or tricks with that version. My version of MovieFactory2 works fine (except on my other system which has problems that I believe are my burner (but that doesn't sound like the problem you are having)).

I wish I could add something more, maybe Igor can offer some assistance or someone else. Good luck and I hope it gets sorted out quickly for you!

Fred

• 4 months later...