WnSoft Forums

exe to avi?

Dusty

A show I created before the days of AVI conversion capability I would now like to put on to DVD. The problem is, I don't have the MP3 of the music I did for it anymore (accidently deleted it!) and it wasn't that easy to put together in the first place (a lot of mixing was involved). I don't think I can duplicate it without a lot of time involved which I will do as a last resort. Is there a way to get the music off my exe file? The rest of the pte file is in tact, just missing the music file.

Thank you,

~Cindy

Subject: Sending large files From time to time, you may need to send a large file to a friend. Large files don't do well in emails and not everyone has a website from which files can be downloaded. Dropload http://www.dropload.com/ is a place where you can upload a file up to 50MB in size and then send an email to your friend. They have 48 hours to download it before it will be deleted. Thought our members might want to take advantage of this at some point! It's FREE! <

what was the tune Cindy

we may be able to use that drop.com site :))

ken

If you have a programme such as Cool Edit or Audition would it not be possible to set the record going then the *.exe file and catch it that way. I have just stopped and tried what I am suggesting and it does work.

Ronwil [uK]

Ron,

Sorry, I didn't see yours and Ken's postings on this thread before I posted a reply on the other one. I thought it should work, but I tried it and it wouldn't work for me. Sometimes to get this to work, though, I have to play around with the Audio settings in the Control Panel. I have never been able to figure out the logic behind the various settings necessary for MS Messenger audio, Audition, Cubase, PTE, Windows Media Player, etc., etc. Some are different for different uses. And, even when I get it right, my MS Messenger audio only works sometime (mostly not). :rolleyes:

I didn't expand on the settings as I am using Adobe Audition and possibly Cindy is using something different. For Audition it is Options>Windows Recording Mixer then in the Recording Control Window tick the Select box under "What U Hear".

Ron [uK]

Cindy, you obviously already have some form of recording software because you say "it wasn't that easy to put together in the first place (a lot of mixing was involved)". I hope you will be able to pick something from the various bits of advice which you have been given. Good luck.

Ron [uK}

Thank you for your replies! I used Audacity to mix the tracks and then dBpowerAMP to convert to MP3. I don't have the other programs mentioned but will look into them. I hopefully won't have this problem again so don't know if I want to purchase a program.

Ken, the song is the one on my show "Dancing Dreams". It's on my website and also on Beechbrook a few pages back. I'm trying to put all of my shows onto DVD and this one is giving me grief because of the lost music track.

~Cindy

Cindy

I have just checked the forum before going to bed but tarried a bit longer to download your show "Dancing Dreams". From it I have copied the the first minute or so of your soundtrack using the method I have described earlier. If you fail to make your own copy from all the advice you have received I could make a full copy and mail it to you.

Goodnight

Ron [uK]

Thank you Ron, but Quietstorm just did it for me. Thanks, Bart! I'll be looking into that program that WA5IJA mentioned, sounds interesting. And Ken, that site wasn't mine, mine is in my signature. I'm about to re-do the whole site just as soon as I find the time. Tired of the look.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

~Cindy

Cindy

i went to your site looking for "dancing Dreams" -- did not find the music

i did a google search and came up with the site i mentioned

http://www.oceaneyes.net/dancingdreams.html

i was unable to find the music Dancing dreams

so

i played your show - -at the end you put the music on the screen -- it was not dancing dreams -- some other guy -- unable to do a screen capture or pause show to write down the name of the music author/song

not a very successful challenge other than the name "Dancing Dream's" is from the "Nutcracker Suite" ballet by Tchaikovsky

so much for trying to help

Ken

I agree, the music is Pachelbel but the sequence and soundtrack is Cindy's "Dancing Dreams".

Ron [uK]

I'm sorrry for the confusion. The music is Pachelbel and I have that, but what I needed was the mixed version on my show Dancing Dreams. I had added about 3 separate tracks of nature sounds to the beginning and end, fading them independently in and out of the Canon in D part. Thunder, running water with crickets, and elk. Thanks for trying and it is solved now.

~Cindy