WnSoft Forums

The Wedding

:rolleyes: Well, I'm sure the happy couple will be "over the moon" with this show. The photos and music compliment each other very well to tell the story of a happy day. I like the way you've used small images to build-up an overall impression and the excellent mix of posed and informal shots. Three remarks that are not criticisms but rather small suggestions:

1. The final slide (car with movement effect) is on the screen for too long and, to my mind, is a less-than-satisfactory ending. Perhaps you might have faded this back into a montage of some of the earlier images with a text record of the date and other details of the event.

2. I feel you got a little carried away with using pte's transition effects in the later part of the show. Don't let the effects distract from the excellent images you have taken.

3. Search this forum for ways to make your show more compact. I wonder if you have used high resolution images such as might be needed for printing? If so, the best thing is to resize your images (in Photoshop or whatever) to be a fixed number of pixels - 1024 x 768 for a full-screen image on most modern monitors. Then save - use "save for web" in Photoshop to get individual slides down to around 100-200 k.

Lovely show, though, & well-worth waiting for!

B)

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the quick and too kind reply.

For you, myself and others, (where's Irene?) here are my thoughts to your reply.

I like the small picture build up too, but actually cut 5-6 of them because although they look OK on computers, I did a 10 slide trial for normal TV and they blurr out. I even get depressed on the big ones. Can't wait till everyone's on HD.

On your #1:

I thought the last slide had the quick end, must have missed that, too many re-do's. But I also did it without cutting the last song and let it run for 1 minute. Not good for web viewing but how about for family TV viewing, gives you an image and music to see while talking about the show? Just a thought. I kinda liked it?

This is still a work in progress. I didn't work too hard on the ending yet and do agree for the customer, has to have a final page of a text record or other montage at least.

I agree, the fades are usually the 95% staple to go with that I like. I've been changing this show so much and may have left 4-5 others in that I should not have. Igor should have a default to fade.

I agree and I thought I mentioned I was doing a print album too so didn't do a max save for web to reduce in PS.

Two questions to go with that reply though;

Does it make any difference to the people on bigger than 1024 settings when they view the show at this setting or does it just resize accordingly?

When in PS and you do a save for web, I have not studied PS enough to know what effect doing the save at max, very high or high have on the quality of the image being viewed. I have a hard time seeing any difference between any of them, so I always go for at least very high to be safe.

And more important does that affect veiwing quality on the AVI at all?

Thanks in advance for your support.

dave

I've not had the opportunity to see a pte show on a monitor with greater than 1024x768 reolution so I don't really know, but my guess is that the images will take a smaller area of the screen. Incidentally, I often use 800x600 nevertheless as I quite like the effect of a larger blank area (I alwyas use mid grey or black) around the image. On PTE's Project Options - Screen, you'll find the opportunity to "Fit to screen". This does "what it says on the can", but the rescaling it affords may reduce the quality of a small original image.

The preview in Photoshop's "Save for Web" gives an excellent idea of how the images will look when compressed. You say that you can't often see the difference between the compressed image and the normal one. In this case, if you can't (with a good eye for photography), I suspect your viewers won't either!

I haven't experimented with dvd for viewing on a tv screen at all as my shows are to view on computer or via a digital projector. I suspect that quality issues are even less important if the images are to be viewed via the relatively low resolution of a normal tv screen.

A major consideration in my comment about the last slide of your show is that it wasn't obvious that it actually was the end. Hence my remarks about alternative endings.

Yes - it would be great if a nice fade was the default option for PTE. By the way, are you aware that on "Project Options - Effects", clicking the righthand button (that shows 2 blank pages) clears all transition effects. So, in two clicks, you have Fade In/Out as the default.

I hope this is helpful.