WnSoft Forums

Buttons not working-what am I doing wrong?

Stratus595

I would like for my client to be able to proceed through the slideshow via buttons after it has ended. I went into the object editor and added buttons that read "next image" and chose the action for this. When the slideshow is finished and I click on the button, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? I want the client to have full control over the slideshow after it has played out. How can I accomplish this?

I just ran into the same thing. I'm not at a computer right now that has PTE on it, so I'm trying to remember. On one screen in project options (the second tab, maybe "Advanced" or something?) there are several options to control the navigation bar, add or subtract items from it, control the cursor, leave the last slide up after the show ends, etc.

But unless you check the box that says "Permit control of show" (on the Main tab) as ContaxMan suggests, none of that works. That stumped me just yesterday for a while. :P

I'm curious that you said "I want the client to have full control over the slideshow AFTER it has played out."

My experience is that if the navigation bar is there, they have control of it any time, so they could theoretically take control before they've seen the whole show once. As a viewer of a new show, I would never do this. I'd watch it once, then decide how to proceed. But I don't think you can prevent them.

Maybe there's a clever way to link a show without control to a show with control, so they can't mess with it the first time through. That might be overkill.

So what are the little buttons that you can add with object editor for if they don't work? Not understanding that.

If I want my slideshow synchronized with music then the client can't also have control of the show after it is done? Is that right? You have to choose either one or the other?

I wonder if I could make two slideshows, one to play through w/o control and then when that is finished they clink on a link that takes them to the other one where they have control. sound possible?

I have customized the navigation bar and have it clicked for it to show but when I preview the slideshow the navigation bar is not there.

Also, I have a 22 inch monitor, should I have my settings at a certain number to view best? Right not it is 1024x768.

So what are the little buttons that you can add with object editor for if they don't work? Not understanding that.

If I want my slideshow synchronized with music then the client can't also have control of the show after it is done? Is that right? You have to choose either one or the other?

I wonder if I could make two slideshows, one to play through w/o control and then when that is finished they clink on a link that takes them to the other one where they have control. sound possible?

I have customized the navigation bar and have it clicked for it to show but when I preview the slideshow the navigation bar is not there.

Also, I have a 22 inch monitor, should I have my settings at a certain number to view best? Right not it is 1024x768.

I'm pretty new to this software, but here's what I've found. The experts can correct me.

Sync'ing to music and having controls on the show are independent things. You can have either one or both.

If you have both (I just tried this yesterday), there will be a little "nav bar" placed somewhere on the screen (you can choose from several positions). So the show starts, and the music starts.

If I click on the "next slide" button, it jumps to the next slide and the music skips too. If I click on "pause", the music stops and the slide stays on the screen until "play" is clicked. So the music is always sync'ed to the slides.

You can control what buttons are on the Nav Bar, so you can let them pause, for example, but not go backward, or go to the first slide, and go forward, and backward, but not exit the show.

One other "gotcha" I noticed you can hide the cursor independent of showing or hiding the nav bar. So if you show the nav bar but hide the cursor, they won't be able to click on things. Plus if you don't have the "permit control of show" checked (mentioned in other replies) you won't see the nav bar.

So there are several things that all have to be coordinated to make it work. It sounds complicated, but I would recommend just playing with it a little. You can see what the result will be by setting it some way and clicking on the "Preview" button. The show will play just like it will for your client. You don't have to save it or save it as an exe while you're trying different combinations. Just be sure to save when you get something you like. :D

Give it a try and if you have more questions, post here or PM me.