WnSoft Forums

Large presentations hang

kerrya

I upgraded to ver 4.2 and now my large presentations (900+ images) hang towards the end of the presentation. The music continues but it's stuck on a single slide.

I create a single mp3 file that runs about 40 minutes and set the presentation to sync to the length of music. I have done this numerous times without trouble until I upgraded to 4.2

The images are reduced to 150dpi at 600x900. So they dont overpower the memory of the computer.

I can't seem to overcome this problem.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Kerry

I'm having the same problem. But at most I've been using 150 images per slide show. The program either stops half way through, display's a partial image or gives an error message saying "jpeg invalid". I'm new to this program. I haven't put music to any of my slides yet, so I know that can't be it. I was wondering if I had to many images on the slide? I am also burning them onto CD's. Should I be using something else. My main use for them is for proofing professional photography images. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. I'm so anxious to start using my slide show productions.

Hi

I have previously had problems with shows "hanging" - the music has continued but the pictures have "stuck" or a couple of transitions have continuously repeated themselves. After awhile the show then seems to get going again.

By trial and error I found that my slide changes were just a bit too close together. The problem was resolved by separating them slightly .

I am not sure that slides need to be kept as high as 150ppi. My understanding is that if they are only ever going to be viewed on a PC a monitor can only display at about 72ppi so the extra pixels are unecessary. Although Pto E is very forgiving of large files, I suspect that it is nevertheless best to keep them as small as posssible commensurate with the quality you want to achieve. I am sure others will more ably and eloquently comment on this.

I am not sure that slides need to be kept as high as 150ppi. My understanding is that if they are only ever going to be viewed on a PC a monitor can only display at about 72ppi so the extra pixels are unecessary

ppi or dpi don't play any role for monitor display. The only thing that counts is the size of the picture (example: 1024x768); and in fact there is no real need to go beyond this size for presentations meant to be seen on other peoples' computers as most of the screens use this resolution and the extra pixels are unnecessary and it puts extra load on the machine to process too big images. There are several threads on this topic.

I agree with Gerard. As a matter of fact, while I have only made one "real" show myself, as I look at other shows, it seems that there are several different "styles" out there that are all effective. Some show the entire screen filled (as in 1024 x 768), while others have a border (which actually "counts" in the pixel dimensions, of course, but the image itself is somewhat smaller) and still others have a smaller image (which PTE centers) on a black background.

Parhaps this is a good topic for the "techniques" forum mentioned in the last week or two. In any case, count the pixels. :)

I have the luxury of having Photoshop, and it's very easy in that program to re-size to specific pixels. I would think that other editors could do the same.