WnSoft Forums

Animations

Carolreid

Carol

welcome to the forum

animated gifs will not work and not likely in the future -- too much hassle for Igor -- patents/copyrights etc

but by making fast transitions etc you can simulate

movement.

see a real early example here

http://www.gv.net/~whitetool/swirler_files...s/slide0009.htm

and i cant tell you how they did it - -they posted once and never heard of them again :(

ken

Guest Techman1

Carol,

Boxig "Granot" on this forum has several different utility type programs that allow you to display AVI, GIF, etc. before, during and after your PTE slideshow. If you incorporate the "Run application after last slide", you can add one of these programs during the slideshow. This would require that you break your slideshow up into sections if you have several animations that you would like run, but it does work.

You can do a search on his name "Boxig" and you'll find the link to his site. Good luck!

Fred

Carol

Another example of using fast transitions is in my "IntroDemo" on the Beechbrook (Beechbrook.com) site.

Ron [uK]

'Wonderland' by Ralph Smith (I think) uses a Flash animation at the start. It's on page 2 at the beechbrook site.

It was fine the first time I looked at it but when I tried it just now it was shifted off to the right side of the screen... :blink: