WnSoft Forums

Templates

digiman

In the sub-directory "Templates", your full project is saved:

if your project's name is "Digiman", the full project saved with all components (music, sound.....) stays in the sub directory "Templates" (where you installed PTE) into a sub directory named "Digiman.pt".

When you open your project in another disk or part disk, you can work with it without modify the paths: it's very important to save it as !

One more thing that the Templates do that I like.

Is being able to set the options I like when I

start a new show.

I like to have my shows set up with

Fade effect only selected.

left mouse click to be Prev. slide. (I don't like Exit when I click)

Hide mouse cursor.

My first slide is blank checked not to show

sync to music

and my default icon.

Then I set this as my default template for new projects.

Then when I start a new show all this options are selected.

Guest Techman1

Digiman,

Welcome to the forum first! Regarding Templates, I've used them like Chuck has described to setup default settings that I use consistently. Also I have setup other photographers PTE with templates so that they can use PTE for proofing to their customers. We have their preferred music setup, an opening slide that is all black, numerous introduction slides that are basically information about their studio, then a blank area where they will insert each customers images, then their closing/ending slides again marketing information and finally a slide that allows them to view the photographers web site, send email, view their price list, etc.

This has been a great timesaver for them as they can simply insert the customers images in the middle, create, put on a CD and send them out. Then they simply wait for the orders/money to come rolling in.

Anyway, good luck with PTE. I know you will enjoy using the program!

Regards,

Fred