WnSoft Forums

Photo Impressions Presents

fitzner3

:) I just want to make this clear that on my web site I do use the

invision discussion board as p2e does. I would rather not use it to further discussions of other presentation formats.

It is intended for my customers to log on and comment about what ever.

I will A L W A Y S remain L O Y A L to Pictures to Exe. In fact I use both P2e and the other. I use the other on my web site because all the Funeral Homes in my county want VCD so I give them VCD format.

For my regular customers I use,(if they want to see the presentation only on computer), P2e because of the tremendous freedom to do what I want and to be creative in ways that I am used to.

Yes, I to hope that we will one day go VCD/SVCD and I have no doubt where I will go . Yes, I spent $99 for the other because business in business. For now the other program for me not only creates the web based program but gives me the html and other files for my web master to use.

So, I need this understanding that I am Pro P2e but I also like the other for what it does for me so I DO NOT want to dis-credit them.

And I think that, and I hope, we understand that my forum page is for my customers who want to discuss what ever or just to say great job Harry!!

Better use the DPreview.com for Other talks about other then P2e :D

Harry...

You write....

I use the other on my web site because all the Funeral Homes in my county want VCD so I give them VCD format.

So you obviously are finding that a show which will play in a DVD player is what your customers want. Now, I concur that when the utmost in quality is what is desired, a PTE show played from a PC cannot currently be beat. But...

- The newer programs can create BOTH a VCD -and- an .EXE show and place them on the SAME CD! Why make your program twice on two different programs?

- A DVD player that will play VCD shows can be had for under $60. A computer with the horsepower to play a serious PTE show?? You tell me which is more affordable.

- Once a show is made into a VCD, the music sync will be -constant- regardless of what player is is played on. PTE?? We're still wrestling with it's variance of performance on various computers.

So... You tell me where the future lies. I too would like to remain loyal to PTE and for shows I produce for personal viewing or perhaps that I will personally show on my own equipment.. yes... it's the best choice. The other night I did a show for an audience of 300 and used PTE because I was presenting it from the hard drive of a PC I'd tested it on... it was the best choice for the job. But otherwise? Well... I think your clients are telling you what they want.