WnSoft Forums

error message in movie factory 3

pushu

I am trying to burn my first dvd with no luck. I have downloaded ulead movie factory3

I can create the avi file in p2exe - when I open ulead I select "create video disc"

then new project

add media-add video files (and the project I created in p2exe shows up)

when I select it and go to the next screen, after a few seconds I get this error

"DVDMF.exe has generated errors. you will need to restart the program"

I was unable to find any prior post regarding this error

Any suggestions????

Guest Techman1

Pushu,

I haven't seen that error message before. Based on the name of the file that is getting an error "DVDMF.exe", I would suggest recreating the AVI file that PTE should be creating. Make sure you are pulling in the *.avi file into Movie Factory 3 and then try to create the DVD again.

If you still get an error, can you give a few more details on the steps that you are taking.

Good luck!

Fred

I have tried several times and get the same error each time.

I'm not sure what addtional details might be of saome help

Fred, you mentioned to be sure I was pulling in the correct file.... when I get to the point of selecting the file to burn, only the one shows up. Is there more than on file created?

thanks

Guest Techman1

Pushu,

There should only be one .avi file created by PTE. Is this a trial version of MovieFactory 3? If it is a trial version, I understand there are some limitations on creating DVD's. If it's not a trial version, have you applied all available patches? Is your file size exceeding 4.4 gb? Are you having MF3 rerender your files (there is a check box for this)?

I don't have MF3 (I use MF2), so I can't address exactly what steps that you need to take. You may need to contact Ulead's technical support if this is a registered copy. I understand they don't support trial version questions. Here is their direct contact number in the states (Los Angeles):

1 (310) 896-6391, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm PST.

Maybe they have run into this problem and - perhaps - know of a solution.

You might also check out the following link and see if anyone else has run into a similar problem.

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/

Check DVD Authoring software to find out about MF3.

Good luck!

Fred

Fred:

thanks again for your reply. It is a trial version of ulead movie factory 3 but it is supposable a full working version. The file size is well below the 4.7 gig allowed on the dvd. I think the error message comes into play well before that time. I don't know what MF3 or MF2 is? Can you explain a bit about that and why I need to know about it?

I will check out the link you supplied.

Any other thoughts come to mind - please post'

thanks again

Guest Techman1

Pushu,

Sorry, MF3 and MF2 stand for Movie Factory 3 or Movie Factory 2. I was just trying to be brief. I've seen some posts that imply that Movie Factory 3 Trial does not allow DVD creation. Can anyone else verify this?!?!? Did you verify that your DVD burner is on the Ulead approved hardware list? Although it doesn't sound like it is even getting to that point.

Other than the link, I'm not sure how to try to help any further since I only have Movie Factory 2. I've been using it for some time without problem.

Good luck!

Fred