WnSoft Forums

MPEG4 music

dahol

I recently bought some music from itunes. when I come to play it it will play in itunes but I cannot add it to picstoexe show or convert it in Audacity. Anyone have ideas as to how I can make use of this music in pictoexe please.

Thank you :(

Guest Techman1

Dahol,

You will probably need to do a search on the web to try to find a Mpeg4 (.m4a or .mp4) to MP3 converter. I looked briefly and there are many sites that may have something for you. Here is one that may at least guide to another that has the program you are looking for:

http://www.m4a.com/

You may also try to contact iTunes who you purchased these from and check with them on a recommendation. The quality after converting back down to a MP3 file may be an issue, but you never know until you try.

Good luck!

Fred

The Best way is to right click the song, and click "Convert to MP3"

If this doesn't show up (if AAC shows up) goto edit > preferences > Importing, and change the Import Settings to MP3.

I'm not completely sure this will work with protected (ie. legally downloaded) music as AppleStore isn't available in Canada yet, so I haven't DL'd anything.

However, one FAIL safe way to do this, is to burn the songs you want to use to DISC as a standard CD audio file, and then import them to an MP3 format... thus disabling the DRM (Digital Rights Management)

Hi

Thanks for the replies. I have done all these things with the exception of burning to CD. I tried the Itunes burn to CD and it came saying you cannot burn this music. I tried burning it with Nero but found that my version of Nero, 5.5 doen't support MP4.

I then downloaded AMP music convberter which recognised MP4 but could't convert because the file was protected. I have emailed Itunes about this and am awaiting a reply. If it isn't possible I think they should make it clear at the buying stage. I know its not much money but it is the principle. BTW is Igor going to add MP4 to the music side of p2e.

Thanks again.

Dave :unsure:

Are you burning them to CD as MP3 or as Audio CD Files? The problem is that it's protected content. You STILL can burn regular audio CDs.

First go to the "Preferences" menu and select "Burning". Make sure that "Audio CD" is selected and insert a blank CD into iTunes. (You might want to put a few other songs onto the CD at the same time)

The maximum you can do is 80 minutes...

When you put the CD back IN your computer, you can import them as MP3 (Make sure you choose mp3 edit > preferences > Importing...) with iTunes or Any other Program that Rips CDs.

(*While here, you might want to reduce the quality if it's just used for p2e)

There are of course other ways to remove the DRM (Digital Rights Management) but this way is legal.