WnSoft Forums

TEST YOUR SYSTEM

Ken Cox

the other day while checking out the specs oF WINDVD PLATINUM 6, i came across a term i was not familiar with.

WMV HD

did a google and came to this site

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...ntShowcase.aspx

High Definition Quality with Windows Media Video 9 Professional

there are some clips here and some test features to test your system and recommendations if you wanted to build a new system

as i had just had one built i wanted to see if mine would play the clips - -i had gone cheap on the video board as i am not into games and my ati 9000 all in wonder only has 64 mb of on board ram they recommended a min of 128, my techie came around and he said to try it anyway -- i have a gig of ram and a gig swp file and a 2.8 ghz processor, so i downloaded a small dolphin file - 720p (85 MB) - all i could say was WOW - the quality was great and my wmp 9 /system handled it.

so i started downloading a whole bunch - took the small and the big files -- 2.6 gigs in all

i unzipped and put them in a folder and using the nero 6 suite was going to do a dvd -- it crashed and i did not see the error message.

so i separated out the small and big and was going to try a vcd - - hung up on

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

so i tried to play it with wmp9 and it requires a license -- once it got a license from the web it played, but i did not want to waste time and took it out of the folder and proceeded to make a vcd with the smaller 720p files - turned out great -- music and voice great -- so decided to try dvd again less Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind .

when i was putting it together one of the dolphin files did not show an image - was a closed envelope so i deleted it and proceeded to make the dvd.

and it is a keeper.

so if you want to test your system components, your methods etc using hi quality feedstock have a look at the MS site -- IMHO it is time well spent

ken