WnSoft Forums

Ulead movie factory 3

pushu

Is anyone using ulead movie factory 3???

I downloaded the 30 day trial version but cannot make it work.

Don't know if the problem is with me or with movie factory 3

All the talk is about movie factory 2 so I wanted to hear from someone using 3 that it works for them

Guest Techman1

Pushu,

I guess by the lack of responses that the answer may be - NO!?!?!?

I have seen in this forum where others have tried to use version 3, but I believe I saw where the trial version doesn't allow you to burn CD's or DVD's. Again, I believe that's what I saw here previously (or on another forum). You might try doing a search and see what you find.

I purchased version 2 off of eBay many months ago for about $10 and it was an original version from Ulead. I don't know if there are other deals like that currently, but version 2 works very well and I haven't had any (or maybe very few) problems with it. It seems to work well with PTE.

Good luck!

Fred

Pushu,

I have been using Ulead movie factory 3 from when I first started using PTE and have had no difficulty with the program. I use the default audio codec “Create custom AVI video file, no compression (PCM), 44.100 kHz; 16 bit; stereo”, and “interlaced video, Picture to Exe Video Codec”, the default setting. Normally I turn off “create menu” and just render the file to DVD, or CD, if it will fit as I more often than not use the resulting video in an NLE. Let me know if this helps and if you would like a screen shot sequence.

George

Hi Pushu,

Yep the trial version only gives one output option in ulead 3 , VCD which is pretty poor in M H O :blink: , no other options like DVD / SVCD appear to be available to the user I purchased the full version and all is fine the smarter move by Techman of getting ulead 2 for $10 instead of about $90 including tax in Europe has to be the way to go there is a little bit of a learning curve but most of my problems were found in the Forum with some great posts by Ken Cox B) and others :rolleyes:

thanks for the replys. I was thinking of going ahead with the full version of moviefactory 3 - I see it is 49.00

I checked ebay and there is multiple copies of moviefactory2se listed.

I wasn't sure if the se version would be suitable or not so I will probably just go ahead and purchase the full version.

I appreciate the replys - perhaps this will ease my frustration

hi guys...

I had just been wondering the same thing. Whether or not the new Ulead Movie Factory (v.3)would work with PTE. It's an awesome combination of programs when they work together, but when they don't... watch out!

I have fooled around with it and realized that you need to output the video (in pte) and UNCHECK all options except for Interlaced. yes, uncheck the one that says for Ulead Movie Factory. That way you just export it as an avi file and then import it into UMF 3.

See if that works for you. I do not have the trial though, I have the full version.