WnSoft Forums

Coming from MemoriesOnTv

SeismicGuy

Sorry if this has been asked before but I am looking to find another slideshow-maker program that is as friendly and powerful as MemoriesOnTv was.  I had bought MOTV several years ago since I enjoyed creating DVD's of my vacations.  These ranged in length from about 20 minutes to more than 40 minutes and included still photos as well as video clips.  All of the shows also included a variety of music clips that were appropriate to the subject (i.e., Italian songs for my Italy trips, etc.).  The appeal of MOTV was how easy it was to create great shows with various transitions and effects (the Ken Burns effect being one of my favorites).  However, the creators of MOTV did not keep up with the times (e.g., no support for burning BluRay discs) and the software was getting long-in-the-tooth and was subsequently abandoned.

So now I am looking for a replacement and came across several alternatives including PicturesToExe, Photostage, Movavi, and others.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Doug

Doug,

PTE AV Studio 10 Pro is THE software chosen by the most critical users in the world, people who make championship audio-visual shows for competitions. It's the leading software for this venue by a literal LANDSLIDE and there is a very good reason. It is by far the most powerful software of its type available. Though is doesn't directly support BluRay creation (BluRay is rapidly being replaced by MP4's on thumb drives) it still supports DVD and has powers and capabilities which are unrivaled by other competitive software. Here is one of my sample shows to see some of the more esoteric things which "can" be done with this software. There are boatloads of examples of normal and beautiful audio-visual shows including video, multiple audio tracks, styles, themes, etc., available to see, but my reason for creating the show below was to show the possible and this show was created a couple years ago before the current 64 bit capabilities were even available. Watch the entire show and then look at various shows available to see all the conventional possibilities as well. This product is incredible - literally incredible. I've used about every major presentation slideshow product available and nothing compare in my experience.

Best regards,

Lin

Hey Lin--quite an impressive demonstration of what the software can do.  Probably way beyond what I had been doing with MOTV but nice to know all of those features are there.  What I liked about MOTV was that it was fairly intuitive to use, even the more sophisticated features.   The online help with PicturesToExe makes it look rather daunting but I suppose there are a bunch of YouTube-type tutorials if I search.  

Doug

Actually Doug,

There are hundreds of free tutorials right here in the Tutorials section of the forum to help you quickly learn to do about anything you wish with this program Both Barry Beckham and I have loads of free video tutorials. Among many other explanations, my tutorials explain how to do all the animations shown in the sample video and Barry's are amazingly instructive. 

You can create a great show in 10 minutes of installing this program. Once you understand the very basics it's amazingly intuitive. Dave's instructions in the user guide go into great depth of detail but you will find the video tutorials make it very, very easy to understand exactly how to proceed. 

Many of the animations you saw in the demo are very quickly and easily accomplished with "styles." Some of our experienced users have created styles which you can simply use by selecting the proper number of images in the slide list and applying the style in a very few key strokes. For example, the amazing Rubik's Cube you saw is a style one of our very experienced and talented French users (Jean Cyprien) gave us. You just select one 16:9 aspect ratio image for the background and six "square" images for the sides of the cube and apply the style and in seconds you have the entire animation. If you would like any of a number of beautiful snow globes with falling snow and the image of your choice inside, just select the image and apply one of my snow globe styles and instantly you have the complete animated snow globe with your image inside and snow falling. There are hundreds of styles available and more being introduced daily. Click the link below and download, extract, and run the zipped executable. It's a demo of about a hundred different styles which were available over a year ago. Just use the space bar to stop and proceed and the back arrow or back key to go backward. You see what each style does.

http://www.lin-evans.org/styles/stylesdemopc.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Best regards,

Lin

• 1 year later...

Hi Again--still playing around with making the jump from MOTV to PTE.  Looks like everything that MOTV did is doable and much more with PTE albeit not nearly as intuitively or perhaps as "pre-packaged".  For example it looks like a Ken Burns Effect style(?) can be created for a slide but it would first need to be created as a style.  Even then if you want to have this effect on multiple slides you can do this using Theme(?) but then each slide would behave EXACTLY the same (yes?) while MOTV had an option to apply random Ken Burns Effects to multiple slides so that each one was slightly different.  Am I misunderstanding this?  Same thing with creating a multi-slide slide--kind of automatic option with MOTV with many canned options but it seems like a more involved process with PTE.  

Am I stating this correctly?

Doug