WnSoft Forums

Music Problems

Fish Hunter

Good morning all. I am experiencing problems with the music that I add to a presentaion, skipping, stuttering etc.

I am using a Dell work station 340 with P4 running at 2 mhz. The system has 2 gig of memory and has a top end video board and driver setup.

I am using .jpegs that are sixed to around 500k and .wma music files. The images are for portrait client to be able to view and select from, so it is difficult to size them much smaller for quality issues.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Techman1

Fish Hunter,

Welcome to the forum. Can you try converting your .wma file(s) to .mp3? I have had several problems trying to use WMA files and have finally decided that the most compatible and smallest in size are MP3's.

If you don't have an audio converter program, try doing a search on google and you should be able to find a free one or one with a trial period that will allow you to convert a few WMA files over to MP3 files. Please give this a try and let us know.

I have PC's with a lot LESS capabilities than yours and my slideshows work extremely well.

Good luck!

Fred

Guest Techman1

Your final sentence you say, that it works fine "with or without music". Now I'm a little confused. Are you saying that it works with other music files fine? If so, have you tried recreating the music file from scratch? It could be that this specific audio file has a problem.

If that's not what you're saying, please explain a little further.

Thanks.

Fred

FishHunter,

Welcome to the forum!

Does it help to resize the images to say 150 kb in size? How long are the transitions you are trying? Is the show running from a cd? Are the images very close together? (i.e. next image starting right on the heels of the preceding one?)

My mistake. The silde show runs perfectly without music or audio files. The problem has been narrowed down that it is not the software.

My CD using MS Media Player plays the cd fine. But, if and when a file is copied to the harddrive, it then has a skip in it when played back. I am not sure if it is a software problem, a hardware problem or some sort of code written into the music cd.

Any suggestions?