WnSoft Forums

photoshop problem

jeanie

Hello everyone

here's a silly easy one I'm sure but I just can't see what I'm doing wrong. I have been away in Austria where I have taken some nice photographs of the Lech area in Vorarlburg. I'm just putting together a slide show of them. I'm making the title sequence. When I use the text tool in Mask mode the text comes up all upper case ie CAPITALS! which I don't want. The caps lock isn't on, on my key board, and I can't see how to change it on the photoshop screen. Please help!

By the way when I was in Lech I went to a slide show in Lech done by a man called Georg Schnell. He was using a double slide projector like The Royale. His show was lovely with beautiful snow pictures set to music called Oceanic. He did all the pictures for the tourist information there. I was suprised that he didn't seem to know anything about Pictures to Exe or the whole digital thing or what was going on out here. It's like working in parallel and not knowing what others are doing. Anyone else heard of him?

Thanks in advance,

Jeanie

Not sure exactly what you mean by "mask mode" but I just clicked on mask and then TEXT and all was normal - i.e. lower case.

Re Schnell: I have just returned from Neustift and he was due to give a show on the evening of the day I got back. Very disappointed - it promised to be very good!

DaveG

Guest Techman1

Jeanie,

Try a different font and see if that works. Some fonts are upper case only. If that's not it, I'll look further to see if I notice anything special.

Good luck and please advise.

Fred

Jeanie,

That was my first reaction too... there are certain fonts that don't have a lower case, and some that the "lower case" is just a smaller version of the Upper Case. Try a font you know and use often. Or, open Word or something and try the errant font in there.

Please let us know what happens. We all can learn from each other. ;)

Dear All

Thanks for your quick response.

I've found the problem. There's another icon at the end of the tool bar. It gives access to character and paragraph palettes. On the character palette I discovered that 'all caps' was lit. I've altered this but sometimes it seems to default back to it. Anyway I know what to do now so I can get on.

Thanks

Jeanie.