WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Music

rpkahn

I have been trying to get this to work for about a week and 1/2 now and have read all the posts and using a rewritable DVD have tried all the permutations except the one that will work. I have 6 tracks for 225 slides in my slide show. I know exactly where each should begin and end. I do not want to play the whole track in each instance (one is a live performance and I want to cut out the applause). If I customize each slide where each track is to begin, the preview plays perfectly but the final version only plays the beginning of the track on the one slide. I do not know why. I have checked and unchecked so many boxes, I cannot give you all of the combinations. But none work. Synchronizing the tracks in the entire project does not allow me to stop one of the tracks where ever I want to. Can this be accomplished so that it works in the final DVD output product? I have downloaded audacity, but really do not want to learn a whole new program. It looks fairly complex for a non-techie such as myself. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Hi, Bob,

Welcome to the Forum!

I hate to tell you this, but I'm afraid that there is no sure way to control the synchronization of your images with the music other than using the sync timeline. This means that (using the timeline in project options) the only way to stop the music before the applause would be to edit it in a sound editor such as audacity.

However, if the mp3 file is not too large (less than 1 Mb), and if you cannot figure out how to do it in Audacity, if you send it to me (to alrobin@alrobinson.com) I will remove the offending applause for you, (and save it for myself at the end of one of my shows! :) )

After editing, you could try to sync the show again using only the individual slide timing as you are now, as it should be easier to control the timing with the music files the correct size.

Dear Al,

What a nice offer! You made me realize that I would have to think differently if I want the same music and so I found it without the applause.

Now I am wondering if there is a way to evenly distribut the images between the verical blue line when you are synchronizing other than just doing the math myself?

Are you happy with mp3 files? I have read that WMA or .WAV files reder better quality, but if there is no noticeable diffference in this program, I can save the space.

Thanks again for your response and kind offer.

Bob

Hi, Bob,

Glad you found some appropriate music - it's always fun "trying on" different pieces to see what works. As you know, the music is a major part of any show.

I use mp3 files exclusively. It is important to keep the size down, not only for distributing the show to others, but also to achieve the maximum smoothness of operation. People have had problems with WMA files, and WAV files don't always work when showing a PTE show directly from a CD.

To distribute the images evenly, you either have to "do the math" and adjust the image durations and transition times accordingly (if creating a non-synched show), or add them to the timeline using the "New transition" button. Or, if you are familiar with spreadsheets and have Excel 97 or 2000, you can try adjusting the times using my "PTE-Adjustor" model (available for free on Beechbrook). It gets a little technical, but with a bit of practice, is not really that difficult to use. I'm in the process of re-designing it to make it easier to distribute slides between different lengths of music, but don't look for it before Christmas! :)