WnSoft Forums

Sound Advice

ContaxMan

I'd welcome any opinions/advice on purchasing loudspeakers for use with my laptop when used to show pte presentations in a small/medium room (say up to 30 people). The speaker in the projector isn't up to the job.

Any advice on specifications, suitable products and other practicalities would be very welcome. I don't want to spend a small fortune but need something that will do the job!

I am sure Maureen will step in on this one. She has given me some sound advice and the speakers which I bought are excellent. She writes in the AV World site:

"My New Aego2 Speakers by Acoustic Energy. - Several members recently remarked on the excellent sound quality of my tiny new amplified speakers. They are Aego2 Speakers available from Acoustic Energy."

Ron [uK]

Whether or not these speakers are still available I do not know, but my understanding was that they were end of range, which had been technically checked A1, but might have some external damage either to the packaging or enclosure, such as the woofer. In my case it was just the outer packaging.

Take a look at the AV World Web site www.avworld.org There is a piece there under Information on sound by Maureen which gives a contact address.

Ron [uK]

http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/aego2/

Write to:

16 Bridge Road

Cirencester

Gloucestershire

GL7 1NJ

Telephone:

+44(0)1285 654432

Fax:

+44(0)1285 654430

E-mail:

info@acoustic-energy.co.uk

They come in black or white and are still available priced £75 now - perfect condition. :D

Anyone going to the RPS AV Internationals - the company is nearby, but they also have a courier service.

Recently had someone from "up North" asking about them.

No I don't work for them!

Bought some several years ago (they were originally £300) and they have been excellent.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Maureen

• 3 weeks later...