WnSoft Forums

Programme stops on last slide

Bethalan

Hi

I am having problems with a show stopping on the last slide which is a blank despite me having ticked " close show after last slide".

I have updated to 4.30 and it only applies to shows I have made since this.

I have also updated to XP Home Edition but the above problem started before I did this upgrade

Beth

Hi Beth,

You may have a conflict between "Project Options" and "Slide Options". Check if the slide option for the last slide agrees with the project option. One may say close while the other may say keep the last slide on screen,

Alan

Beth,

If I may add one other possibility, if you are using synched mode, the last slide will stay on-screen until the music is finished. So, if your music has a long interval of silence at the end, or if the music is much longer than the time for which you have added slides, the last slide will stay on too long.

To verify whether the problem is in version 4.30, try loading one of your previous shows that worked properly into the new PTE 4.30.

Hi Folks

I have looked at slides and transitions - I have 80 slides and 79 tranisitons so that is OK. The music doesn't have a long silence at the end.

Old sequences do finish - ie don't hang on the last slide.

I don't quite understand what Alan said - I may have a conflict between Project Options and Slide Options. I can't see anywhere on the Slide options - I presume you mean " Effects " where it says " close " or " keep open "

Regards

Beth

Hi Beth,

In the effects window there is a check box top left, "Use own effects" I think it's called. This lets the slide bypass the project options and have it's own transition, display time, ect. If this box is checked, and you have set the display time "for ever' then the slide will do that, stay on for ever :o This would be handy if you wanted to loop ashow to show every 30 mins in a info center, but a pain if you do it by accident and can't find the off switch :D

At least now after the old show test you now know the problem is in this show.

Hope the mystery is solved,

Alan

Hi Beth

I think you have answered your own query!

If you have 80 slides in the sequence, but only 79 transition points on the timeline, then slide 79 will stay on the screen indefinately. Remember that the transitions define how each slide will appear on the screen, so if you have 80 slides to show, you also need 80 transition points. Scroll to the end of the timeline and click "new transition". If it places a new slide on the line, then problem solved!

Ian