WnSoft Forums

video audio codec settings

Vernon Foster

Ok, so I'm ignorant... Now that we're past that! ...LOL

Seriously, I am wanting to create an AVI file for inclusion in my web site (photographer). When I look at the multitude of selections, I have no idea as to what to do. I can shoot a good portrait, wedding, etc, but I'm way outta my league with this stuff.

I would sincerely appreciate it if someone will help me get this off the ground with some simple to use setting that will work on most (if not all) browsers. I use Xp. Many thanks, vernon

Vernon,

If you want avi's on a web site, buy a MiniDV camera. If you want great-looking photos on a web site, use ordinary "jpegs". Anything else will probably be too large and bulky for convenient viewing on your site.

Al... what prompted my interest and attempt was an older post on this forum [look further down the page and you will see the post] (auto run of a P2E on startup of a web page using Frontpage). A responder gave minimum info to the inquirer suggesting avi file with 320x240 window. Looking to do something similar to FLASH, but utilizing this program to pull it off... I realize that the most effective sites are the simple one's, just wanted to incorporate a small framed window that "rolled" on loadup of the page in viewer's browser (not a download of a .exe file). Thanks, vernon

I believe some of the other slide show and maybe the video editing programs, too, will let you include small still photos and make them into an "avi" file. A quick check of features on their web sites would probably reveal whether they have this capability.