WnSoft Forums

Creating a slideshow db reference

imfinewine

I've lost my mind, I've decided to create a web page that will reference every article, book, tutorial and technique on building slideshows ever done.

That wouldn't be bad if it was only PTE, but I'm going after everything plus all the PS related stuff.

I started the page and did a few entries to see what it looked like and quickly decided I would have to go to drop down menu's to keep the footprint on the single page. So I think I'll be able to tame the monster with that change.

But I'm not real familar with dbase applications and think I will also need to use one for this. I also want be able to drop the most current entries in on top fast and easy as I get them. Is just building a simple link list in excel enough? The other thing that comes to mind is I will have to load all the info on my website to be sure an external link doesn't die.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? You can view what I started at www.creativestoryboards.com/dbase.html

I would also appericate any links you have to start feeding this monster. To keep the congestion down here they can be emailed to me at imfinewine@cox.net.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks, Your right, I don't believe you could design it in FP. The original page was done in PS. From there we added a flash slideshow screen viewer (which is above and missing from the page your viewing). Then we open the whole mess in FP, where I can easily do my final butcher work.

It really looks awesome with the flash screen added. I hopefully will post a link to the site in about 10 days after I get the db resource page done and loaded with the catagories and some starting data.

Desert Dave B)