WnSoft Forums

Temp CD Utility

agrob

I have put together a program with 8 PTE shows -- when the first is completed it opens the second, then opens the 3rd, etc. The show runs better on the hard drive, naturally. Granot's Temp CD utility only works for one exe show that I can determine, and the MultiCD utility has people do more than I want them to do. Is there a way to blend the two - use the Temp CD utility to temporarily install 8 shows temporarily to the hard drive. Also, I wanted to use the Screen Resolution Utility to change the Screen Resolution and the FontInstaller utility to be sure the font was available for the user, which is also another program and the font file. Can the Temp CD program be expanded to accomodate that?

Thanks,

Alan

Hello Alan,

Take a look at the Inno Setup Compiler at http://www.innosetup.com/

I had a similar problem and found that the collection of utilities didn't handle the nested subroutines that you apparently have also. Check out my thread at

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...&t=2299&hl=inno

Think you'll find that the Inno setup compiler is very efficient & flexible. Also note that Inno has a wizard which will do some of the easier tasks.

Cheers,

Thanks for the advice, Jim. I did download it - but it is not intuitive enough for me with my skills, even with the wizard and examples <_< . For those that know programming I imagine it is quite helpful. I bit the bullet and created one large mp3 file and put the eight shows together into one - for those that do want to a simple basic install for someone, and they are not particularly savvy, it looks like a wonderful program. If you are computer savvy, I imagine it is a superb piece of software. Thanks again for making the effort :D .

Alan

Alan

Did you checked "MultiShowPlayer" ? This utility enables you to include any number of shows on your CD and each show will be installed, run from Hard Drive, and uninstalled when done.

As for installing fonts, there is a utility (not mine) called "Font Installer" which you can use but notice that installed fonts are not uninstalled when done. Also be careful with copyright of fonts.

Granot

The "MultiCD" utility I was referring to was actually your Multishow Player - I wrote the name incorrectly. The Multishow player requires more input from people than I wanted as I wanted to automatize it a tad further, similar to the TempCD but with multiple Exe which the TempCD will not allow. I suspect the Innosetup installer would do the trick, I just cannot figure out how to script the language correctly. Thanks.

Alan

I don't know "Innosetup installer" but from its name I suspect it will install your shows on user's HD, but user will have to uninstall the shows. If your shows are about 20-30 MB each that is 8 fold, which is a big space on user's HD. The point is to install and uninstall each show when show is close.

Since you didn't try "MultiCD" - I suggest you check it. It maybe the utility you need.

From the "Readme" file:

"MultiCD" can enable users to see your presentations more accurate without the slowing effect of running your presentation direct from a CD (user's option). The program can temporarily install the presentation chosen by the user to a temp folder and will remove it when the user close the show. User can run files directly from CD (default). "MultiCD" is also a Multi show runner. You can include unlimited numbers of presentations...

Granot