WnSoft Forums

PTE CAN RUN ON MAC's

Conflow

PTE runs on APPLE MAC's

Yes I have some "News" for all you 'MAC Users' and those contemplating a 'MAC Purchase'.

There have been many enquiries on the Forum about running PTE Shows on MAC Computers ?

Yes, this is now possible either when you buy a "New Mac" or wish to 'Upgrade' your 'Old MAC'

The special Program by Microsoft is called:- "Virtual PC" and retails from $40 - $70

Its purchased as a 'Software Package' and simply downloaded to your MAC Computer.

It comes in various editions:- XP Home + XP Pro, 2000 Home + 2000 Pro, NT and others.

Because the 'Apple Mac' is essentially a 'Unix' operating System it readily recognises this new

Program. We have already "tested" the 'Virtual PC Program' here in our Workshops on two

Portable Mac's - everything ran O.K

However I recommend you:-

Contact your Local PC.or Software Store for a Trial or contact Microsoft Products to verify same.

Brian Kelly.Conflow.

Hi Brian

Have you seen PTE working on a Mac running this software?

I've asked in the past but have never found anyone who managed it.

Was told previously that Virtual PC slowed everything down too.

It has been around a long time.

Hope it now works better as we have a Mac here too ! (getting dusty!)

BW Maureen

Yes, I've heard of people trying Virtual PC, too, and couldn't, probably because their Mac was too slow, or lacking in proper resources. This will be good news for Mac users, and also for Igor, who will have a whole new customer base from which to draw.

MAC PC's can run PTE

Maureen and Al,

Yes Al, indeed Igor should be happy with the "News" and yes we have "Tested PTE" on

the new versions of "Virtual PC" running on 2 Mac Laptops.

Test MAC Laptops are:- "PowerBook G4 -Titaniums" running "Virtual PC XP-Pro"

The Test Programs are:- Al Robinsons "Upendi" and our own "Cafe Del Mar Holiday"

Maureen,OOooh - You are not reading the detail within the text of my 'Posting' - like all things

Software moves on and "Virtual PC" is no exception and I was specifically talking about the

new versions of the Program.

Virtual PC only runs when you want it to, or when a Windows Disc is put into the CD-Drive

or loaded as a Win.Program. Depends completely on how you configure it - otherwise its a MAC.

Slowing Up:-

There are a lot of "old folk tales" about this,but like everything else one must consider the

MAC Utilities available,viz:- Age, Speed, Set-Up, Memory RAM, H-D Drive Cache and so on....

Brian.Conflow.

Ooopppppppssssssss! ;)

Sorry Brian!

Where can I buy / download it from !

Looking forward to trying it and dusting off the Mac.

Ours is a G4 with a Gb of memory but not the Jaguar OS system (9 point something ?)

Hope it will work with ours too :rolleyes:

Thanks

Maureen

Guest Techman1

Brian,

Did you simply run a PTE Slideshow or did you install the software and create a PTE Slideshow? If the latter, did you also create any AVI's?

I'd be interested in your findings in this regard. Thanks for bringing this up, as you're right about this being an ongoing question from many MAC users.

Thanks again,

Fred

Fred,

The "Upendi Show" was made in Canada by Al.Robinson on his PC.System. Al kindly gave me a

copy of his show (we had difficulty loading from Al's CD-Disc due to its set-up) I am sure Al will

tell you more 'per se' about that - despite that difficulty, read on.

The "Cafe Del Mar Holiday Show"was made on my '98se (Its a bit of a 'Hot-Rod) and was played

directly from the CD-Disc on both Laptops.

Another copy was made with our 'Auto-Run'~'Auto-Installer' which was of course was then 'Auto-Run'

from the special CD and afterwards was 'Auto-Downloaded' from the CD. to both Laptops.

Despite the different 'Source Materials' and different 'Auto-Run Programs' and the different Burning Computers and Burning Software and totally different PC.Systems and different 'Set-Ups' all the

performances worked very well.

I would consider that to be a "Hell of a Test" not only of the MAC's but of our version of the Virtual PC.Software -

We did not get to make a PTE Presentation on the MAC's but seeing the performance so far I have

no doubt in my mind that if 'Virtual PC' can do that, it will certainly make a PTE.Exe.

(Time to buy a MAC- just joking)

Brian.Conflow.