WnSoft Forums

help needed with flash in PTE

Jenni

HI, I saved a slide presentation as an .exe file in PTE. I had a flash file inserted under 'Run external application'. This all worked fine as a .PTE file and as a .exe file. I saved to CD and tested it in my CD drive. Everything worked fine.

The problem is , the flash movie ( for the title of show) didn't work on another computer. Macromedia flash player was installed on this computer.

Any suggestions why the flash didn't run on another computer.

Thanks in advance, Jenni

Hi, Jenni,

Welcome to the PTE Forum!

You probably referred to the flash file with it's full pathname, so that when you tried to open the slideshow on a different computer it could not find it in on the drive designated. The best way to run external programs is to remove the pathname, and just refer to the filename. But, of course, you have to have that external file in the same directory as your pte slideshow file.

It is good practice to put all files required for the running of a show in the same folder so that you will have fewer problems running it from a CD or another computer. Hope this solves your problem. :)