WnSoft Forums

Say it with Flowers

ronwil

Peter Coles, Editor of AV World, excels at creating images with the use of the clone tool in Photoshop. In an exchange of ideas I had with him three years ago when I first switched to digital AV we discussed cloning from image to image. I didn’t get an immediate grasp of the “image to image” method so I continued with what I was familiar namely using layers and cloning within an image. Just recently a sequence by Peter, in which he created over fifty images from just twelve, prompted me to try again at cloning from one image to another.

Starting with a blank canvas and a selection of flower images I created an image made up of the flowers. Having done this, for what could I use it? So I made a short sequence of the flowers and used my “creation” as a background to the title “Say it with Flowers”.

When I used one of my images, a rose, in a recent camera club print competition, the judge accused me of inserting the hoverfly and docked a mark. So using the clone tool within the image I have deleted the hoverfly and made it appear and leave again.

The sequence is now on the Beechbrook site thanks to Bill.

Ron [uK]

Ron,

You guys amaze me with all the talents you have and the ideas you come up with in the field of photography. I'm satisfied if I can just take a decent picture. You and your AV clubs and groups are light years ahead of me! Thanks for sharing.

Bill