WnSoft Forums

GIF files

gogs

I thought it was possible to create a GIF image with a transparent background for use in P2E.

If I make one in Photoshop I can save with transparent background> However when I use it in P2E with a transition it comes in with a black background. Am I trying something that just is not possible or can anyone help.

Gogs

Hi Gogs,

As I do not work with Photoshop, I make my transparent Gifs (alpha channel) in Microsoft Photo Editor (if you have Win XP you'll find it in Microsoft Office Tools)

and never have problems opening them in PTE. Of course you have to open Transparent Gifs as an Object.

Hope this helps

Microsoft Photo Editor (if you have Win XP you'll find it in Microsoft Office Tools)

Hi Sam,

Where I can find this editor ? I use XP pro but in "Microsoft Office Tools" I have only "Microsoft Office Language Settings" and "Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar". What is "Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar" ? It want to install something but it doesn't give details.

Granot

Hi Granot,

I've XP home and when I click on Microsoft Office Tools It opens a list of 9 "programs"; as I've the french version, among them I can easily recognize Microsoft Office Language but not Microsoft Office Shortcutbar. I had Microsoft Photo Editor in my old Win98 SE and am happy to have found it again in Win XP home because it's very easy for tranparent Gifs (alpha channel). When I open a picture with WinXP viewer, right clicking on the picture and then on "open with" I find again Microsoft Photo Editor + others of course

Sorry not to be more useful

Hi Sam

Thanks. I do not have XP on my PC but have it on my laptop. I cannot find Microsoft Office Tools, however.

I did not know that the GIF had to be added as an object so will try it again with Photoshop.

Gogs.