WnSoft Forums

Object editor

Boogie

I have made a intro screen image of buttons in Photoshop to introduce a series of PTE sequences i.e run applications.

When I create Objects over the buttons in PTE (with the transparent box ticked and no text entered)I get a thin white rectangular border around the transparent box which covers the image button. I have tried making the background colour the same as the button, but it still has the white border.

Any suggestions how to omit the PTE white object border? This omission will be necessary if I make the buttons any shape other than rectangular.

Boogie

Boogie,

It is not possible to omit the button object border, but we have requested this feature from Igor, so maybe he will see fit to provide it in a new version. You can cover it up with a "picture object" button of your own provided that it is positioned in such a way that it will not move if someone is using a monitor with a different resolution.

I create my own plain rectangular shapes of various sizes in Photoshop, one for instance is a square 100x100 pixels. In PTE Objects editor select it as a Picture and drag it to the position where you wish it to operate. Right click on this "button", select Transparent background and proceed as you have been doing. Whilst this "button" will still be showing it will disappear when you start the process again on a new location or complete the operation by selecting OK at the top of the window.

Ron [uK]

Ron,

I couldn't have said it better myself.

But, Boogie, maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to do. Your initial post said "...I create Objects over the buttons in PTE ...", so I was trying to show you how you could cover a button with an image of your own. However, I'm not sure why you would want to do that since the object you create can also be programmed to carry out various commands. B)

I use a technique that sounds similar to your idea.

All the elements of an evening's lectures - slideshows, images, programs, etc run from a simple one-page menu which has a background image and buttons. This menu is a one-screen pte show that continues to run in the background.

The secret is to put hyperlinks for each show, program or whatever in the middle of the buttons using PTE Object Editor. Any slideshows included have the options to "Show transition effect from desktop" and " Show transition effect to desktop" (in Project Options - Screen) selected.

In this way, when a slideshow ends or a program is closed, the menu reappears for the next stage of the presentation.

I hope you can follow this - it's a lot easier than it sounds.