WnSoft Forums

Show not working on one computer

JRR

I have run into an odd situation with a PTE show.

I have done six shows, five of 3-4 minutes each and one educational presentation of 10 minutes.

I have tried them on several different computers (some 5-8 of different ages and with various chips), and have been pleased (with the exception of one computer that is starting to show its age in terms of today's demands) the shows-all with custom synchronization-work flawlessly. Well almost.

The five short ones work fine, but the 10 minute one does not work on one computer.

The computer is a Hewlitt Packard, with a P4 1.6Ghz, 512mb RAM, a nVidia TNT2 M64 Graphics card with 32mb SDRAM video memory (whatever all that means :) ). I could not find any specs for the sound card.

The show starts fine, but the images disappear off the screen after the first one is finished, then the sound track starts to fall apart after 10 seconds or so and the show quits. The computer does not freeze, in fact the show quits and normal screen returns on the monitor.

The problem showed itself when we tried to run it from the CD drive, so I loaded it on the C drive thinking the connection between the CD drive and the computer was too slow, but it performed exactly the same.

The 10 minute show has an .exe file of 29mb. There are 97 images with a mp3 file of 14mb. The first image comes on fine, so I assume there is enough space for the show to load and start, I had added a few seconds at the start to give it a chance to breathe.

One of the shorter shows has an .exe file of 33mb; a 3mb MP3 file and 99 images. It runs fine on the problematic, and other, computer.

Any one have any thoughts. (Try to make it non-technical for this luddite please :) )

Thanks

Jim

Guido

Thanks for the thoughts. ;)

I will try #1 next time I am there.

The first image is black, so I guess I really meant the second image is what shows and then disappears.

The second image starts with the music, after 3 seconds of silence to give everything a chance to load and set up. I had it starting after just over a second of lead in and the second image never made it to the screen as it was too busy loading everything.

The second image has a 3400ms fade in and is on the screen, from the start of the fade in to the start of the next image, for 4 seconds

Jim