WnSoft Forums

Preview for PtoE members

imfinewine

I am glad to announce the opening of a new web site, gallery & forum dedicated to creating slideshows outside the realm of the vendor forums. I believe it to be the first of it's kind attempted. The hope is to get all you good people from the various forums into one location that can consolidate your talents and knowledge for those interested in developing quality shows.

Please stop by and take a look around and let me what you think. I trust you'll find it a fine place to learn, teach, enjoy & frequent often.

visit the web site:

http://www.creatingslideshows.com

visit the show gallery:

http://www.creatingslideshows.com/gallery

visit the forum:

http://www.creatingslideshows.com/forum/portal.php

desert dave

valley of the sun

Hi

It is always good to see a new resource dedicated to our hobby, so thanks for your contribution. Having had a quick look around your new site, it has started well and has plenty of promise. Slightly on the down side, I found the interface just a little too exciting for my taste - and I jumped out of my seat when the site opened to a rather startling fanfare!

But please do not take this post as a negative one. I have already placed it in my Favourites and shall be registering shortly.

Thanks Severn,

You probably didn't get over to the gallery yet as I'm sure you're still recovering from the forum shock but you'll find that site more to your liking. Very clean and pristine.

Any of us Ancients (my favorite Al Robin term) that visit a phpBB2 plus forum the first time usually do get blown away. It comes at you with total information overload! And with that Solaris theme I used, it can... take you out of your chair.

But not to worry mate, just head over to your profile and on the style dropdown box change the theme to "BBlite" or "Zone Copper" Those themes are a bit less daunting.

I am just now completing everything and will most likely drop out some of the more useless mods like live stats to give it a cleaner look & feel.

Enjoy!

desert dave B)

valley of the sun

Hi Dave,

It's a Love/Hate relationship I have with our gallery downloads. Normally it's a click once to get a download on most sites like Beechbrook. But here's how the progression goes and reasoning on ours.

1st click on the image(show) to download takes you to a page that shows the 1st image again but as time goes on will also show all the shows this person has done and added. which is good if you want to find all there's in one place.

2nd click takes you to another page with the show you chose and here you can get more info on the artist like email and web address. It is also where you can leave comments on the show and rate it. Very good...if we can get people to come back and do that part, which they should.

3rd click is your download.

On the shows that say view now, these will play from our site. The are photodex shows and you can view them after you install(which your prompted for) a viewer from them.

I have also asked our resident flash guru to see if there is a way to get PtoE shows to be made into a flash show at (before) the time when you make an avi for burning DvD's. Flash can do this with the avi, but for good quality the files are huge.

But I think this would be a good option for the show(PtoE) to convert to flash as an option the with avi choices. I'm not a programmer so maybe someone on the forum knows if this can be done. I would think the files would be a lot smaller if the show could be loaded into flash before the avi processing.

Anyway thanks for stopping by and If you have any future questions just leave a post on the site.

Cheers,

desert dave

B)