WnSoft Forums

"Screen Capture" free program

boxig

Steve, you have "Photo-Copied" text from my 'Post' to the Forum and if I am to understand you correctly-

(By your own interpretation of a definition)...you have infringed my Copyright...so where do you stand ?

Furthermore,you have taken an excerpt of my 'Text' totally out of its context matter and used it for your

own purposes to create a ~'public implied accusation'~ that I condone Copyright 'rip off'......

It's quite evident that you don't know anything about 'International Copyright Law' and may I suggest that you read up on 'How to Copyright Literary & Media Materials' before you imply any further accusations.

As to 'Photo-Copying' - 'Photo-Copiers' are available from Rank-Xerox, IBM, Toshiba etc...The list is endless. This 'illegal' activity (according to you) is practiced by every Government Department and Law Firms and every Business world-wide....Like it or not 'Photo-Copying' is here to stay.

I would like to make it quite clear to you that nobody on this Forum condones 'Media Rip-Off' -

Brian,

You aksked a simple question, what is wrong with "Photo-copying". Your choice of grammer. You quoted it. You capitalised it. You hyphanated it. I answered your question, with my understanding of your grammer, which I subsequently explained. I have not implied that you have done anything. It is you that have inferred things.

Neither have I suggested a lack of knowledge on your behalf, unlike yourself. As a matter of fact I do know a few things about the copyright law, and I find your interpretation of it an interesting one. If you think that quoting text in a reply on a public forum is infringement of copyright, well your entitled to your opinion.

Also I am fully aware of what photocopying is. If this is what you wanted to refer to, then why not use the word, rather than quoting it, capitilising it and hyphenating it. The fact that a lot of people do something does not make it law. Can we agree on that?

May I suggest in future that you stick to the facts, rather than make personal attacks. I don't think we are in disagreement at all on any factual matters, but there is no need at all for the manner of your post, which appears to be based entirley on the false and unfounded conclusions that you arrive at. I hate to imagine what it would be like if we actually disagreed on something. :P

Steve

Hey Men, keep cool !

Boxig utility is a handy tool. It will save me time and pain and I congratulate him very much for sharing with us such ingenenuousness. I downloaded it and I'll use it wisely as most people on this forum but a few exception who make a row of nothing ;)

Well done Boxig. Thank you !

Gérard,

I'm not supposed to use a screen capture utility at he office
Maybe this is the reason utility does not work in the office ?? ;)

Win NT4 makes a lot of problems. Many new programs today will not work also on Win95 or less. Some don't work on XP with SP2.

Granot

Guest Techman1

As Granot indicated, it could be that your office PC is secured where only certain programs can install. Were you logged in on your office PC as an Administrator User ID? On NT workstations, we use to secure everything and only a very few programs could be installed by office staff without our assistance. This helped keep viruses and programs to a bare minimum.

Just thought I'd throw that out just in case. Good luck.

Fred

Granot > :lol:

Yes, Fred, it is exactly as you supposed : I can't, for security reasons, log in with administrator's rights. This is most probably the reason why Granot's program doesn't work whereas it works fine at home. (and I can't go and ask the data-processing administrator to let me install a screen capture utility !) :rolleyes:

Thanks to you both.

I assume you drag the selection mark from right to left or from down to up. Please try from left to right and from up down. The reason, if this is that you start from big X and Y points on screen and go to small X and Y. This means the dimensions are negative, and when trying to save an image with negative dimensions, it crashes.

Granot