WnSoft Forums

picture resolution

WA5IJA

I am new to burning SVCD and digital and I have not been able to determine what resolution I should use on projects to fill out the screen on the TV. I gave up on Ulead 2 and am now using Nero which works perfectly. What is the proper resolution and picture size to use. I have pictures 1024X768 200 dpi resolution. Have used 640X468 and have borders all the way around the pictures on the TV.

Gene

Gene, welcome to the forum.

I have been making shows from friends and family that are taken with digital cameras - and some of the pictures are in the area of 2mb each -- if you have the computing power to make the show, use the images as taken -- p2e will make them fit the screen when set at 100%/fit to screen -- it is when people put borders on their pictures and then they come to the forum askinfg how they can get rid of wiggling horizontal lines at the edges when shown on a tv -- they might look great on a computer but are lost on the tv screens -- so i have adopted the idea that all my shows will eventually be on dvd /tv so i use big pictures and let the encoding make em fit ;)

see what Ken went thru to make things work for him

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=2604

you can always reduce the quality/size of the pictures but you are not going to have much success making better quality picts when you start with small picts

ken