WnSoft Forums

Amazing New Panorama Software!! - Free

ADB

It looks as though Igor and his team will be introducing the ability to include scrolling Panoramas in future versions of PTE.

Any body who has experimented with Panoramas will know that they can be tricky to get right and you may have to spend some dollars to get the right software to do the job.

Well last night I stumbled on to this currently Free Panorama Stitcher that I consider to be better than anything else I have tried including the likes of Stitcher and PhotoVista.

You can go to the site here:-

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/au...autostitch.html

Don't take too much notice of the first example shown on the site but try it out for yourself you too will be amazed. Reading this post you would think I was a marketer of the product but I was just so incredibly impressed at what it can do!!

Be sure to experiment in the Edit/Options to get the best out of your Panoramas.

The program is less than a one megabyte to download and with it you will be able to produce perfect panoramas, fast, ready for when Pictures to exe can show them.

I'll check it out, but the online sample isn't very encouraging. Bad blending of the seams in the sky, partly secondary to light fall-off at the edges from shooting with a polarizing filter (a no-no for panoramas) or vignetting effectc. Panorama Factory and the stitching tool in MS Digital Image Pro 10 do a better job with that.

-David

David

Yes I agree the sample on site is bad but you really have to try your own stuff to see how good this program is.

I have many panoramas that have been very difficult to stitch in programs like Stitcher and Panorama Factory but stitched instantly and flawlessly in Autostitch, even Panos where I thought Parallax was going to make it impossible. Even better news the Author of Autostitch has announced that he will be posting a new version on his site by the end of 2004 that lets you control the JPEG quality on final output, probably the only current issue with this peice of software!

I tried autostitch yesterday with various images, and was amazed! I've tried various programs for this, most recently the Canon software, and found that they all leave "ghosting" effects on some parts of the final image that then have to be cleaned up in Photoshop. Autostitch provided a perfect image every time, even on files that the other programs had real problems with!

You need to set the parameters on the "options" menu first, then import the source files. I set the output file at 100% and the finished quality was excellent. Its not a very pretty interface, and all the work goes on in the background with no visual stitching, but so far I'd say it was definately the best of the bunch. Get it now while its still free!

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Just so you know Autostitch now has a new version that allows you to produce JPEGS at 100% quality!

You can download at:-

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/au...autostitch.html

Merry XMas to all, looks like Santa came early in this case!!