WnSoft Forums

How to show a presentation on your web site

fitzner

I want to put my presentation on my own web site and was wondering if anyone out there could help me with this.

I am using Front Page 2000.

I did a search but was not fortunate there.

So, someone familiar with Front Page and FTP of which I have could help me.

My server says yes I can do this but need advice.

I am hoping :D this is the correct way to ask using this forum.

Harry

When you say "show my presentation", do you mean that you want it to actually play in the web browser or is it that you wish simply to include it on the site for others to download?

The first is a real problem, the second straightforward.

Hi Harry! Welcome back! I keep again several of your shows (Mexico, Benny Goodman, Vietnam today etc.).

No, it's not a problem of Frontpage. Internet browsers cannot open an .exe file. You can only place on your site a link to an .exe file, so visitors can download and execute it. When there is an .exe file (as well as a .pdf, a zip etc.), Ieplorer, Netscape, Mozilla, Opera ask you if you want to save the file or open it, but this file must be downloaded first.

See you soon! BTW, what is the address of your site?

:rolleyes: Guru my site although unofficial for now until after 12/17 is:

http://www.colemanfotos@creativeslideshows....com/index/html

I am working through the server of Dave (not sure of last name) Creative Slide Shows. Somehow I did get a presentation working. I was not sure on my computer because for me I never know if the presentation is playing from my HD.

My brother said that is was working.

My site is called "Welcome to the Florence Coleman School of Dance Reunion" and it many fotos from the past including some my myself when in New York as a dancer and entertainer.

We recently had our first reunion at a restaurant and most of us brought our tap shoes, as requested, and had a tap class of which I taught!

We shared old experiences and fotos!! I was the youngest there and I just turned 60 12/4.

I am all the time trying to find old students. I am linked from several local high school websites and they click my site and say yes, I was a former studnet and so I enroll them.

They way that I did get the presentation on my web site was:

I highlited the thumnail foto representing the slide show and through Fron Page I clicked "Import" clicked add file and brought up the .exe of the completed show and hand to bring in all the photos and the music.

I don't know if that was correct but it seemed to work for my brother. Let me know if it works for you.

Harry

http://www.colemanfotos.creativeslideshows....com/index.html

after I finished from above and clicked the url it did not work so I went to the site and copied the url from the address bar. It could be though that officially it is really not on the net yes. If that is the case when it is finally up I will post it.

Harry

:o yes, Guru, the pictures were not the best. Some of the pictures were very old on the site. I tried to do the best with audacity. Actually my brother emailed them to me but that's ok because the people that view them don't really care.

The ones from the restaurant were really bad, they were digital but the lighting was very subdued.

One day I am going to search your area, Torino, Italy, the beaches, the big churches, the people, the area in general and spend some time working on a master piece.

Harry :)