WnSoft Forums

Playing DVD slide shows on Ordinary DVD Players

ratfugel

When I try to play my PTE slide shows which are on DVD ( and I have tried both plus and minus types of disc) on ordinary DVD players ( not computers) I get the message 'WRONG DISC'. I have tried finalising in case it thinks they are an open multisession disc, but it makes no difference.

Has anone else run into this one, and if so did they find an answer?

The other thing. I find that if I make an ordinary CD of a slide show and then try to play it back on a different speed computer, the music does not synchronise, and finishes before the slides. Sometimes. copying it to the desktop fixes it, but not always.

Any answers anyone?

ratfugel:

Did you create the PTE as a DVD vidoe type show (I don't do it, so I am not "up" on the terminology) or just copy the .exe file to a DVD

You might want to go to this forum for further help on the DVD aspect

here

Regarding the synchronizing with the music, did you use the TIMELINE function to do the synching ?

PROJECT OPTIONS>MAIN>custom synchronization (button)

That should hold the synching on any computer

Thanks for your input Jim (Ottawa). I have downloaded the DVD making page and will bear in mind your comments. I only clicked on the synch button. I did not use the timeline as I had worked out with a stopwatch how long the presentations should be.

I'll have another go and report in due course. I'm always willing to learn.

Still haven't learnt why they won't play on a standard player though. If things can get recorded in a bog standard DVD recorder you would have thought that stuff from a computer would be a breeze. Wrong, apparently.

ratfugel

you are of course making an avi and then follwing the instructins re leaving it open?

and

then importing it into a dvd authoring program?

which proggie?

you are not giving us much to work with

and you should be posting in the video section of the forum

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index....php?act=SF&f=4

ken