WnSoft Forums

Image size and Resolution 2

hopehigh

Hi everyone,

My original question was going to be 'does anyone know a way of batch processing images at 72 dpi/ 1024x768 pixels in photoshop.'

this was because i was finding a massively disproportionate amount of the time i was allocating to preparing pte presentations was concerned with compressing files and readjusting image size. this proved particularly problematic with cropped images, where several attempts have to be made to ensure that the crop is consistent with the 1024/768 dimension. My frustration was that this was becoming incredibly tedious with presentations of 100 + images where this element would take far longer than planning the transitions ie the creative part.

It now seems that this was a futile and needless exercise!!

Having read previous thread is it then the case that we can by and large forget about 'image size' and just compress at '6' or 'save for the web' and if so does anyone know a way of doing this in batches?

You'll find what you need for the first part of your question on my club site, here:

Bishopthorpe Camera Club

Even when I'm processing a large number of images, I keep an eye on what's going on so that I can "tweak" certain parameters, namely the amount of sharpening applied and the quality used in "Save for Web".

But there is enough information on the reference earlier to allow you to adjust the actions so that they run without any intervention if you wish.