WnSoft Forums

keeps "not responding"

rebecca

I am so sorry if this question has already been asked.

I have not used pi2exe before. I have been able to figure out how to add the pictures, the music, and adjust the graphics. I saved my file. Then I click "create slideshow as" and it nothing happens. I click it again and it says "not responding" . I've tried clicking "create" and it does the same thing.

PLEASE HELP!!

Hello Rebecca,

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know if I understand your problem. What do you mean by "not responding" ? Is this a message from PicturesToExe? Or maybe a general message from Windows?

What kind of images did you use to create your show? They should be not too big (15-250kb) jpeg files. Furthermore it could be the musicfile. Is it an mp3 file?

Did you move any of the pictures before trying to create the exe? They need to be in the same place you put them when you saved your project.

How long is your show? What computer are you using? Does the preview work?

Lots of questions, but we only can help if you give us a lot of information.

Anyone any clue?

Isn't "not responding" a Windows message error? In posting a question like this, we need to know, what's happening on your computer.

Windows version

How much ram

What version PIX2EXE

Hard disk space

What else is running on your system

How many images?

what are the sizes of the images

How much music and how big are these files

etc

etc

etc

B)

Thank you for responding.

Windows is what tells me that my program is not responding.

I tried your idea about resizing my files. It worked great for being able to view the pictures. They are all saved in jpeg. about 53 images.

However I still am unable to add the music. My music comes from music match. I use this to download to my mp3 player. I do not reformat anything.

If any of you are portrait photogs and use this to show your customers what size do you save these on? Where do you all get your music from?

Program Not Responding

Hi Rebecca,

It sounds as if you have a '98 PC ? and 'Windows Explorer' is telling you that the 'PTE Program' is 'Not Rsponding' - if this is the case, then you have accidentally "crashed" Win Explorer.

All '98 PC's 'kick into touch' when they encounter something they can't handle - its a quick get out route for a 'frustrated '98 PC and sometimes its a blessing in disguise.

Simply press together Ctrl + Alt + Del and when a new Screen pop's-up press 'End Task' -

You may have to do this a few times. If this don't work find the 'Reset Button' on the PC and press it - alternatively 'jump the PC' by turning Off and then On quickly, you won't do any damage.

Your Problem

Tip No:1

To run PTE properly you need a minimum of 128mB of user Memory (User Ram) - If you have only

64mB of Memory you will always be in trouble for the reason that the PC itself need some 30mB

of Memory for its own use, leaving you with 32mB for the PTE Program - its not enough for medium Presentations (50 Slides) to large Presentations +100 Slides. Each slide about 80k ~ 200k in size

Tip No:2

When you finish preparing your 'Presentation' (without Music) simply time its duration. Now make sure that your Music File is 10-20 seconds longer that the Video File (you can adjust later)with the in-built 'Sound Synchronisers' in PTE.

Tip No:3

Your Music File should be contineous without breaks and in MP3 Format. You will need a Sound Editor such as "Audacity" from www.soundforge.com (its Free) This program can convert CD Music and other Formats into MP3 format and you can serially add Tracks together.

Tip No:4

As a beginner make sure that each 'Slide' has a 'Show Duration' of at least 5 seconds and if you are using 'Transition Effects' make sure that each is at least 2 secs. When you have more experience you can start cutting corners etc,etc.

Tip No:5

PTE is a fairly powerful Program and is very stable - unfortunately we humans tend to 'bite off' more than we can chew, having said that I would recommend New Users to limit their 1st Show to less than 15 Sliides - call it "My First Test Show" - this way its far simpler to become familiar with the Program and resolve little mistakes we all made when first we used PTE -

Hope this is of some help to you.

Brian.Conflow.

Thank you everyone so much!!

I do have an older computer but with Windows XP pro.

I'm not sure how much usable memory I have but my computer says 256mb.

I will definantly get that "Audacity" maybe that will help with the sound. In the meantime I will just have it playing in the background.

Thank you guys very much.

BTW-Does anyone know how to delete threads? I apparently asked this question 3 times. (I know how I did it, and I know you don't care so I won't tell :blink: )