WnSoft Forums

Suggestion for the timeline.

The oldie

I suggested this at the end of a thread for an earlier beta. Ronwil answered my query/suggestion then, but I think it has now been overtaken by the later beta.

This is the suggestion:-

At the moment if you have the timeline open and wish to go to another view, say the light table view, you have to come out of the timeline altogether. On your return to the timeline the cursor has started back at the beginning of the sequence. In a long sequence this can be a nuisance.

The suggestion for the next beta would be then,

Could the programme remember where you were on the timeline when you return ?

Otherwise could you switch to the other views from the timeline and retain it's position.

Ronwil suggested that there may be some technical reason why this cannot be done. I think he may have otherwise liked the idea.

Do others think this would be an improvement and could Igor consider adding the feature? I find I would use it a lot.

The improvements to the timeline are terrific so far, this would be a further step foward?

Regards to all on the forum,

Alal in UK

This would be an excellent tweak to the program. It is bothersome to jump back to image 1 and then have to slide along to the right to get back to where you wanted to be, particularly if you have 150+ slides. Could the Timeline window be minimized while working on something else and then restore the Timeline window leaving where the cursor was before?

Bill