WnSoft Forums

P2E via wireless?

okcjack

After doing a 365 day search and finding nothing, I am asking for this forums collective knowledge.

System - Running Windows XP and a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router along with a Linksys Wireless-B Media Adapter, I am able to view/play jpeg images and mp3 files, which are located on a desktop computer, via a stereo system and 13 year old television set in another part of the house.

While this is great, it has made me want to find a way to play my P2E's and those available via Beechbrook over same stereo/television setup.

While Linksys is the obvious place to go for infromation, their "support" is pretty much limited to hardware installation. Also, I understand that this quest is impossible if the intelligence is hardwired in the Media Adapter.

However, is anyone communication P2E's from computers to stereo systems and CRT televisions via wireless? Is it even possible with available hardware/software?

okcjack,

What happens if you fire up a sound editing program on your pc under this arrangement? Can you see the wave form on your TV and listen to the sound being played back on the Stereo? If so, it should work with PTE. If not, then I doubt that PTE would work that way, either.

Thanks for the reply.

No.

The remote control on the Media adapter (plugged into the stereo and tv) is the only control to communicate with the computer and it only accesses "shared" music and pictures files on the computer.

The "shared" folders located on the computer are previously "user" designated via linksys software located on the computer.

However, my question is whether "hardware/software" is available on the market which, using my existing wireless router, can display P2E shows on the tv/stereo and whether any forum members have experience with such hardware/software.

OKCJACK

Simple answer,yes you can run PTE to TV - I posted this answer last week.

You need an "S-Video Card" in your PC which is manufactured by Nvidia.

This does all the the AVI Conversion and Compression and Video Formatting

in either PAL.Europe or the US.Standard.

You connect directly to the TV Skart Socket for Audio In and Video Inputs -

I see no reason why you cant connect to your Wireless Adaptor either-

We use a Radio link at home and in my Workshop to address 5 TV Sets

directly from a PC showing DVD's (From all regional Standards)

Get on the Web and look-up Nvidia. www.nvidia.com

Brian.Conflow.

Brian,

Thanks to you, I can now show P2E's from the computer on the TV located up to 100' away via wireless.

As you suggested, I purchased a Graphics Accelerator card with S-Video out (in my case, Radeon 9250). Next, I purchased a Radio Shack Audio/Video Signal Sender.

Signal sender comes in two parts, a transmitter, which hooks to the sound card audio out (L/R) and to the S-Video out on the AGP card and a receiver which hooks to the AV on the TV.

Now, I am going to join the users who want an effective way to string several P2E's. Of course, the picture quality isn't nearly as good as the monitor but it makes great background video/music.

Thanks for your lead.

Jack

Hi OkcJack,

Pleased I could help - and as you have seen, the quality is not as good as the Monitor and

indeed 'entry level' Projectors are much worse than that.

However, if HDTV ever comes on line you will get superb quality (very near to Monitor Qty) and

if anyone makes a Card for the French 1000 Line System - I imagine that would be very good indeed.

Best of Luck,

Brian.Conflow.