WnSoft Forums

Hide Cursor / Navigation Bar

Hawk

Hide Cursor / Navigation Bar

Thought this was worth mentioning::

I normally have not used the Navigation Bar in the past but with the new feature of Hide (after) (# seconds) it adds a nice touch to most of my shows, allowing the viewer to move the mouse to bring up the navigation bar and capture the image / print / pause etc. then hide again.

Minor problem occurs:

Created Show – using Synchronized music

Checked – “ Auto hide mouse cursor after “ (defaults to 3 seconds)

Checked – “ Auto hide navigation bar after “ (defaults to 3 seconds)

When I ran the Preview, the cursor / navigation bar hid as directed but after a few seconds – popped back up again?

Puzzled !

After close observation, due to the length of music and number of slides I noticed the time per slide was about 6 seconds.

Problem solved:

Changing the hide cursor / navigation bar – time to 6 seconds to match the time frame of slides.

This Cursor / Navigation Bar happened only in Preview – Seems OK with .EXE

Another minor situation was my mailer is set to check mail every 5 minutes, which also activated the cursor / navigation bar for short period while it was checking mail.

Problem solved:

Turn off mailer while viewing show

Mailer occurred while running Preview and .EXE

* Please add any comments, if you are aware of any other Windows application running in the background that may cause this to happen.

* Maybe helpful for those authors that produce shows for clients and encounter minor situations with such programs as mailer mentioned above.

Another minor situation was my mailer is set to check mail every 5 minutes, which also activated the cursor / navigation bar for short period while it was checking mail.

I always wondered why this was not fixed but probably there is a reason, which I can only guess, allowing cursor to be seen when another application is opend so you can work with it. But I think in this is not a small problem becuse users have all kinds of applications which may run suddenly. My personal problem with this is while using external files.

It will be great if Igor (are you reading, Igor ?) will allow us to prevent this.