WnSoft Forums

creating PTE text slideshow presentation

jeanie

Hello all

I have begun using PTE to create a 'talk type' presentation, :D (using Photoshop to create text on slides)This seems to be a time consuming business and I am wondering what is the great advantage over simply using Powerpoint. Has anybody got some good tips to ease the work or tips that give a real zing over a powerpoint presentation. After all its only type thats fading from one to the next.

thanks

jeanie

Jeanie,

If you've got Powerpoint available for your presentation, then I'd recommend using it. IMO the text facilites of P2E are much reduced on Powerpoint (and as you have found), creating a slideshow of text only slides can be hard work, even following DaveG's suggestion.

As for picture intensive presentations, that's a different matter.

Steve.

JEANIE

Firstly,did you receive the copy of the 'Manual Show' I sent you ???

TEXT EDITOR

Secondly, there is a perfectly simple way of generating 'Text Slides' for your Show which is

usually overlooked by everybody, I don't know why ?

ITS CALLED PAINT

1)

Clk. your Start Button--->Programs--->Accessories--->select 'Paint' (put shortcut on desktop)

When it opens Clk. the "A" button on the Rh.Tool Panel--->thats your Text Editor.

A 'Blank Window' will open together with a 'Font Format' Box, go ahead and type away.

Organise your 'Fonts' sizes betwen 18~48.pt -Try Italic Bold - in Verdana,Georgia,Garamond

or Monotype Corsiva for a script effect.

2)

Now 1st.Time...Save As...give it a Name... (don't worry about the format it will be in Bitmap)

3)

Now,under 'File' select 'New' and re-open your Saved File- you can now lasso it and place it

anywhere on the 'Blank Window' and you can also re-size the Window and ADD ALL the

effects you will ever want..... The thing is so easy to use, it's 'idiot proof' -

4)

When finished ALL Work...Save As...Jpeg and simply import it to your Show - It couldn't be easier !

5)

Tech Tip

When working with 'Text Image Files' ALWAYS save them as 'Gif's' whilst in Editing Mode.

When finished - then and only then, save them as Jpegs.

When you successively edit 'Text Jpegs' they start to fall apart badly, this is because you are

successively 're-compressing' a compresses file which in itself has a very 'loose' format.

Brian.Conflow.