WnSoft Forums

Friend want to buy program

fitzner

:ph34r: A friend of mine wants to purchase and was noting on the wnsoft.com page three types of purchases.

What is the difference in the "Personal Purchase" and the "Business Liscense" one? :blink:

Harry

Guest Techman1

Harry,

Here's the information straight from the site:

There are three types of licenses:

Personal license ($24)

License to use the program on one computer. For persons who want to create and distribute PicturesToExe presentations for private or non-commercial use.

Business license ($30)

License to use program on one computer. For persons who want to create and distribute PicturesToExe presentations for commercial, non-commercial or private use.

Advanced business license ($59)

For software companies and programmer teams who want to create and distribute PicturesToExe presentations for commercial, corporate, government, non-commercial or private use.

So basically, the first one is for personal (family, friends, etc.) type use. The second one is for business (commericial) where you might want to sell your slideshow. The third one is also for commercial, but is for a business office with more than one PC.

I hope this helps! At the current price, I recommend the business license because you never know when you might want to sell one of your master pieces. :D

Good luck.

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm interesting. I found the answer by doing a search on the internet and the answer is not necessarily the one above. Regardless of which license you purchase, the software is the same. So rather than consider it a juridicial issue, it is rather a matter of ethics and honesty whether you purchase the personal license and use the program for both personal and commercial use and honor the agreement between oneself and the vendor, in this case WnSoft.

The difference between the license for advanced license is the ability to have the "keys" to install the program on more than one computer. However, there is a flaw there too. It's possible to use the same "key" and install the program on more than one computer. The programmer should program within the software something to differentiate and prevent unethical practice.

Some software programs have minor differences between the different licenses, ie more features for the commerical version.

I have no clients yet and do not anticipate becoming some booming conglomerate business yet ethically I still purchased the business license because I do hope to become a small business.

Guest Techman1

cherokee40,

There are many software programs which don't limit your ability based on the licensing agreement. I'm sure Igor and his team follow the practice that people will be honest and license the software for their intended use. This program is more than worth the price even at the highest level. I can't imagine a company wanting to intentionally jeopardize themselves by purchasing a personal license when they want to use this software for commercial use especially for only $59.

Regarding the description, this was taken directly from the WNSoft site, so I would tend to go with it over something found elsewhere on the internet.

Anyway, this is an incredible product at any of these prices and I'm pleased that Igor and his team have continued to offer it at this rate! I agree with your purchase of the Business License, because for only a few dollars more you have the legal license to enable you to sell your slideshows should you decide to do so.

Good luck with the program and welcome to the forum!

Fred

She can not open the Hawaii file because she has a MAC computer and exe files are for Windows only. bummer.......... That can be a problem.

I don't know is it tree that a Mac computer can not open .EXE files?

So my friend can't send presentations to her friend?

Can a Mac owner have the P2E program installed on their computer?

Harry :blink:

Hi Jim, thanks for your reply about:

MACs and PTE have been discussed MANY times

There is an active current thread on the forum about the topic.

I don't know but I have never had success with the search tool I guess to many options I always get nothing. I typed in Mac computers and PTE but never sure about the other choices.

Other forum members will be kind to supply the thread you made me feel like I committed some sort of error in forum protacol (excuse my speeling) I will call my friend who already bought the program and apologize.

I only hope Jim you will treat her with more kindness. I really felt the hand spanking on my wrist for this.

Harry

Harry:

Sorry forum posting does not always convey the true feelings.

I was not upset, I was trying to steer you to help

The thread is still active, comments are being made on it as we speak.

It will be only one or two threads away from this one.

Look for: "P2EXE on MAC PC"

Link here

PS:

I just noticed there are two active threads, second is at:

HERE too

Hope that helps

Thanks Fred and thank you Harry for trying to help.

As for people being honest, you would be amazed at the number of people who send me messages and stationeries with stolen (they call it snagged) copyrighted music files (esp wavs and MP3s), copyrighted poems, copyrighted pictures. I am a writer myself and have already found a 15 yo using my pen name (moonlightflower) in an art site. I don't take it lightly when my stuff is stolen.

As for myself, I am a party of one plus my dog. At my age (older than Harry) I do not anticipate becoming a big conglomerate business creating slide shows. I am not even in business YET, home based at that, needing to supplement social security retirement.

Some software programs do have built in that the key only works once. Therefore if you have more than one computer, it's necessary to purchase a key for each computer (the $59 license). It's worth it for the company who is distributing the software to program that into the software. Some companies allow you to put the software on two computers such as I have a desktop and a lap top and charge extra for more computers.

There ARE unscrupulous businesses out there thus the pirated OEM versions of name brand software AND the illegal websites that keep changing.

I purchased the Business license because of ethics. I hope to be able to sell some of my slide presentations. And yes it is a lot of product for the money. Now when they upgrade for MAC users too, that will be even better. But surely the cost will go up. Aren't we fortunate to get in while all upgrades are FREE? ;-)

As for the information about licenses from other sites, Igor or whomever is reviewing the sites I sent to them.

As for the MAC, I found that information outside this forum too. But it was the virtual pc comment I found that gave me what to look for. Microsoft took that over and I posted that information in here.

Thanks for the welcome.