WnSoft Forums

Additional Product

googa

I have been using PicsToExe for a couple of years now for our photography business. We use the slideshows in place of printing proofs and our customers love it. It's a not pressure sales and you would not believe how many people come back for non-expireable cd's.

I have a suggestion that would help our business. My wife is the photographer and she tends to take 50-100 photos per session, specializing in children. This can be quite a chore for the parents to pick which photos they want to purchase. The problem we are having is, they have to write down the file names of the ones they want, and really cannot see images side by side.

We need the ability to pick and choose images so our customers can see the images side by side and select the ones they want to purchase.

I know this is not the intent of picstoexe, but you guys have done such a excellent job with this software, I challenge you to the next level!!!!

Thank you for reading!

googa

Welcome to the forum.

why not do a screen shot of the light table at various sizes of the thumbnails -- give the customer a collection of jpgs showing the sequence with the file/pict name showing - they can print it out and mark picts they want??

ken

googa,

another suggestion id to try a shareware program called " My Album" at http://pmeindre.free.fr/MyAlbum.html . This enables you to show multiple pictures on the screen and each picture can be annotated with the file name.

If you are seriously running a business and want to treat it as such, you need a professional solution like ImageRazor Pro (link below). Have a look at their video and I think you will see why it is designed to do exactly what you're asking for.

P2E is a fantastic slideshow program but it wouldn't make a lot of sense to go off on tangents and be a "half" solution for something which is already well covered....

Lin

http://www.imagefire.com/

googa,

The program I am using along with pic2exe is exactly what you're looking for. It's available from www.imagequix.com. Click on their professional link and you'll find a cd presentation software that lets you create a copyprotected .exe file that allows the client to compare images, change them to B&W or sepia, save them to a favorites folder,etc. It takes me about 5 min to create the show, around the same as for pic2exe. I then burn both the pic2exe and the imagequix show to CD, and I have a pic2exe menu with links to them. It's worth a look.