WnSoft Forums

360 Degree Controlled Panoramic Photo of Derby Cat

Ken Cox

Andy Savage has a new panorama posted at the "cottage" great stiching and beautiful picts Andy

Ken Nickles really started somthing with his show "PTE Panorama"

then we were shown

London 360° Panorama

by

bjc@bjc100.co.uk

then Ken came back with

360degree Panorama

you guys are on roll -- dont stop -- by the time Bussty gets back from his holiday he will be surprised at the advances that have been made by the members B)

ken

Hi, I am new to this forum but have been using PTE for two years. I created my first controlled panoramic photo using PTE back in 2003 but since reading other messages here on panoramic photos I thought it would be good to show what I had done in the past.

The version I have posted on Beechbrook Here. is an upto date version of the one I did in 2003 taken in Derby Cathedral.

I like 360 photos but trying to display them on web pages often has its problems such as you have to install Quicktime or JavaVM. What I like about PTE is that I can make a full screen viewer which uses every pixel of the screen for maximum 'wow factor'.

Can you work out how I managed to make the scrolling controllable in both directions?

Hope you like the presentation.

Best wishes

Andy :)

Andy,

A very effective use of of a new Panorama technique (new to me, anyway). I like yor 72 degree rotation idea. A nice way to look inside a building. I would offer the suggestion that you slow the rotation some, maybe half as fast...could make one a bit dizzy.

Very nice photography....and from 31 photos...simply amazing.

A couple of questions:

What focal length did you shoot the photos at?

What tool did you use to stitch the sequences together?

Very nice...

Thanks for sharing your show and technique...

sincerely,

ken

:D

Thanks Ken, Glad you like it.

I shot it using an Olympus 5050 at max wide angle (35mm), nothing fancy on the lens.

I used Panorama Factory to stitch the 31 photos together. This software is amazing at doing the job and lots better than any other software I have tried.

Its fully automatic !. Just like PTE, its a little gem that you can't do without and yet does not cost a lot.

Buy it now if you want to try making panoramic photos!!!

There are several 360 photos on my website, If you have a Broadband internet connection then take a look.

360 degree photos (Broadband required)

Thanks

Andy