WnSoft Forums

Postcard

dadou

I had fun to make a postcard starting from a panoramic photograph carried out in February.

The only problem with PTE, for the moment, is that it is only realizable in windowed mode...

In addition, after passing my panoramic slideshow through my personal "mill" (Jean-Pierre Dollangère), I discovered that the pano effect can function without black bands (sides or top/bottom of the screen) only if the ratio hight/width is at a maximum of 0,73

I am eagerly waiting the next PTE version in which the transition effect will be supported only by the image and not by all the screen like now; that will make it possible to free us from the window resolution problems !!!

There is no doubt that it will happen soon.... While waiting, you can find Peñiscola harbour (Spain) here

Sorry for the very poor music quality (midi) and the way it abruptly stops at the end ... I wanted to limit the slideshow's size.

... and giving a fade out effect in manual mode is a big deal !!!! ... if somebody has an idea, I am taker !

Thank you, Ken!

I know the manner of treating the Midi sounds or other sound formats, but my problem is that durations are random in my panoramic slideshow.

Therefore, it is difficult to make a "decrescendo" end.... and it is here that I am looking for an idea !

Thank you in advance!

Daniel,

I often use MIDI but I like to convert it to an mp3 file to preserve the tone of the music. The only way I can think of adding a "finale" to your show would be to add a final slide with an ending of its own. There would still be a discontinuity, though when the music switches over to the final piece, but if it is similar to the main piece, this might be acceptable. Nice piece of work showing some great PTE capabilities!

I'm waiting for someone to add a 360 deg panorama with movement in both horizontal and vertical directions. :lol:

Thank you, Al !

The only way I can think of adding a "finale" to your show would be to add a final slide with an ending of its own

You are right, it is the only solution ... I shall try it ! And thank you for the mp3 solution !

I'm waiting for someone to add a 360 deg panorama with movement in both horizontal and vertical directions.  
:lol:

But with a slow movement , please ! :unsure:

I like very much the Push Effect, but I do not understand why they insist on continuity in the panoramic effect.

When you're standing up and contemplating a landscape, even if you're young and limber, your head movement is somewhat limited to 90 degrees, maybe a bit more....

You have to pause or you're on a revolving chair!! :D

To pause seems more natural for a human being than doing a 360 in one go, or my neck is getting stiff !!

What do you think about it ?

What do I think about your suggestion Daniel? I hadn't really given it real thought until now, but I must admit that I have found that the two slide Push Effect appears more natural than viewing the full 360 degrees. In my opinion, the recent one of a church interior would have been far more pleasing if it had been organised to fade from one two slide Push Effect to another.

Ron [uK]

To pause seems more natural for a human being than doing a 360 in one go, or my neck is getting stiff !!

What do you think about it ?

Daniel,

I agree, it is normal to pause and continue, go back, etc.

However, when we view an actual scene, we can stop and look whenever we want to, but in the PTE version we are constrained to stop at certain pre-determined locations. IMO, this somewhat destroys the "normal" effect.

Maybe if Igor were to design a "pause" button that would stop the presentation in the middle of a transition this would help. :)

Happy to see your opinion, Ron and Al !

Now , it is posible to do a pause on each picture . If we want to watch a particular view, we cut in acordance with this principal view and do a longer pause on this one .

It would be nice to do a pause after only a part of a view with the timeline. Maybe one day ? :rolleyes:

Now , it is posible to do a pause on each picture . If we want to watch a particular view, we cut in acordance with this principal view and do a longer pause on this one .

It would be nice to do a pause after only a part of a view with the timeline. Maybe one day ?

Hi daniel, I think you have to keep in mind what PTE is intended for. Its a slideshow program, its just that It has been created in such a infinitely configurable manner that you have to remind yourself sometimes that you are asking too much from it.

PTE really is very versatile in the way you can show images and control them, but if you want to control 360/panormamic photos down to the n’th degree then you really need to use some software which is geared up to that particular task.

The 360 photos on my website just like many other sites can be steered pixel by pixel so you are in full control of what you are looking at. Compare this to the slide effect in PTE and there is no competition but thats because PTE is NOT 360 photo viewer creation software.

To get an idea of what a fully controllable 360 photo can be like just take a look at some of the ones on the . World Wide Panorama site (need Quicktime plug-in). Do try out the full-screen links, they are stunning.

Hope this helps you understand why PTE is not really the ideal thing to use for 360's unless you want fixed movement control.

Thanks

Andy

My Website

To get an idea of what a fully controllable 360 photo can be like just take a look at some of the ones on the . World Wide Panorama site (need Quicktime plug-in). Do try out the full-screen links, they are stunning.

Actually very very very stuning !!!!

I think you have to keep in mind what PTE is intended for. Its a slideshow program, its just that It has been created in such a infinitely configurable manner that you have to remind yourself sometimes that you are asking too much from it.

For sure, concerning PTE, we ask for more and more possibilities !!!

But it can be very interesting to include panorama effects (not necessarily 360° turns) in a slideshow and not just a panorama for it's own.

Stopping the movement on a particular place is not exactly as navigating from one pixel to an other as Quicktime can do.

But I must agree with you, PTE is so easy to deal with that we are always looking for something more ... and Igor is enthusiastic enough to meet most of our demands :):rolleyes:

Stopping the movement on a particular place is not exactly as navigating from one pixel to an other as Quicktime can do

I agree, but I prefer to stop on a particular view, to do a pause, and go to other view, as I do when I am seing a lanscape ....

PTE is not really the ideal thing to use for 360's unless you want fixed movement control.

Sorry, but I prefer to fix the movement ...

On the 360's, they are any areas more interesting, and I like to stop in their place, and after to go to the next interesting point ....

But I must agree with you, PTE is so easy to deal with that we are always looking for something more ... and Igor is enthusiastic enough to meet most of our demands

Yes , Parick !!!!!!!!! :D