WnSoft Forums

Exporting to Adobe Premiere

piksells

My first presentation won our local club competition (!), and as our club works more with video than a/v they really want me to provide them with an avi file suitable for importing into Adobe Premiere 6.5 so the presentation can be compiled onto video tape along with conventional videos.

I use Canopus Storm 2 hardware, so the provision of a canopus DV codec would solve this issue immediately. In the absence of this codec, has anyone succeeded in outputing an avi which can be imported into Premiere? I've managed to import in certain formats which looked good on direct preview in Premiere, but when dropped on the Adobe timeline showed the clip had to be rendered before outputting. Once rendered the output was a black screen, but with normal audio!

So far Indeo 4.5 has come closest working although as the quality slider was set to minimum, the resulting clip appeared 'blocky' on my video monitor. I'm now trying to produce a video using Indeo 4.5 but with the quality slider set near 100%...but if you know of an easier way, or if there are more codecs available (or can we add our own?) - I'd love to know

Regards,

Terry Mendoza

Terry

did you keep the file open all the time you were encoding

another route would be to import the temp avi into winavi or tmpgenc and make a mpg of the show, then you may be able to work with it easier in one of your other programs

ken

It played fine - my issue was when I loaded it into Adobe Premiere. Depending on which codec I had used, some played fine in preview but not when rendered on the Premiere timeline. But that is a codec incompatiblity issue which I am working through and will post my solution once I have confirmed it.

Terry

Hi Piksells,

I use Adobe Premiere Elements which really operates almost the same as Premiere 6.5. I use the standard PTE codec and have excellent mpegs when exported as a movie file. I thought all avi rendering was required by any video on the timeline that was not in the mpeg compatible format.....jongru4