WnSoft Forums

Dirty Zipper Programs

Conflow

WARNING FREEBIE ZIPPER PROGRAMS

To:- Photomom, Granot, and Readers -

Following on from a thread 'EMailing EXE.Zip Files' - I hate to be the one to throw cold water on the notion of Freebie Zipper programs. There are many such programs on the Web such as the likes of:- ZipIt, FreeZip, ZipNow...I am not singling out any one in particular but i am warning Forum Readers NOT TO DOWNLOAD any such utility unless you know for a fact that the program is above board.

There are many which 'auto-associate' their Program with EVERY FILE ON YOUR PC and also invade your Browser. These programs seriously interfer with your File Management System and with other on-board Windows Utilities such as any generic UnZipper, Adobe PDF Reader, and any Photo-Graphics Program capable of compressing Files such as Photoshop.

They rarely have an 'Uninstaller' and try removing them manually,impossible.......

May I suggest a Program which we have used for years, its from Bulgaria, and the owners are into Shareware & Professional Software for larger clients but their program 'Big-Speed Zipper' is Free/Trial for personal usage. It's very much like PTE in Interface. available from:- www.bigspeed.net...Their Website is well worth a visit.

Brian.Conflow.