WnSoft Forums

Time-lapse Canal Boat Trip demo.

Hi, PTE never fails to amaze me at what it can do. I have just uploaded a show of a Time-lapse Canal Boat Journey (see HERE) which I filmed using a home made time-lapse control unit. It took a frame evey 5 seconds along the trip.

Using PTE I have made a demo which shows the 630 frames in sequence at three different playback speeds.

At its fastest the playback time is just 36 seconds (At this speed it is VERY demanding on the pc!)

You can exit playback by pressing ESC. After the playback has finished you are returned to the main menu.

At the slow playback speed you can press SPACE (or keep pressed) to speed up the playback rate.

I have restricted the image size to 640x480 so that slowish PC's can view the show ok.

Hope you like it.

Andy

Hello !

Very curious to know if you used the timeline synchronisation ..... :huh:

Thank you !

Hi, NO I did not use the Timeline synchronisation as there is no music used in this show.

I added the 630 images, highlighted the images then selected customize slide and set the Display slide for option to 1ms (for fast show) and 100ms for normal show with no transitions. Only the slow show has transtions.

PTE allows you to add the whole 630 images over and over with different settings yet the final file size does not increase, PTE is Very smart software.

I used to use Stop Motion Pro software to make timelapse clips But seeing what PTE can do I can see I will be using PTE from now on as its more flexible and a lot quicker at making shows.

I did not use the Timeline synchronisation

I was thinking so ....

But, in this exercice, nobody sees the same thing ... 630 x 1ms = 630 ms, and no 36 seconds ! An other can see it in 45 seconds or 50 for his friend ...

PTE is an excellent tool, but I do not understand very well the interest to go out of the limits..... :(

630 x 1ms = 630 ms, and no 36 seconds ! An other can see it in 45 seconds or 50 for his friend

I set the display time to 1ms as this was the fastest but as you say I'm not sure why PTE offers display timings down to 1ms as I can't believe it can show 1000 images in a second. On my P4 1.6GHz it shows the FAST show in 36 seconds, I wonder how fast it would show it on a very fast PC ?

Perhaps PTE should really limit the lowest setting on the display duration to something more realistic.

Does anyone know what the maximum throughput for images on PTE is? I assume it will be dependent on the PC spec, image size etc.

I wonder how fast it would show it on a very fast PC ?

... it is then unmistakable that you can call your slideshow... video :(

There are numerous software to deal with video.

PTE is , to my knowledge, not the best one for this kind of objective :D:D:D

... it is then unmistakable that you can call your slideshow... video :(

There are numerous software to deal with video.

PTE is , to my knowledge, not the best one for this kind of objective :D:D:D

Hi d67, No I am not interested in making a video with PTE, its not made for that purpose.

I am showing users that PTE is more than a slideshow program, capable of things you could never imagine :P